Financial Analyst, Imgn
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2021 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Financial Analyst, Imgn jobs in New York-NY
Search all Financial Analyst, Imgn postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Financial Analyst, Imgn? Financial Analyst, IMGN
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Job Title: Financial Analyst, IMGN
A little bit about our team:
IMGN Media, a Warner Music Group Company, is a Media tech-driven media organization specialized in producing and programming social content for Gen Z audiences. IMGN owns & operates a portfolio of media brands in gaming, entertainment, ASMR and more, with an overall reach of over 50 million followers. IMGN is home to Daquan, TryHard, So Satisfying & more highly engaging channels.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Finance team at IMGN is responsible for overseeing all of the financial operations of the Company. The department provides financial reporting, accounting, planning, budgeting and financial compliance and auditing for the Company. With a chance to get involved with such varying parts of a business, and part of the Media world, this is a great growing opportunity.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in the preparation and review of IMGN operating unit budget and forecast packages, providing analysis of variances v. budget, prior forecast and prior year;
• Prepare monthly reporting and analysis packings for all IMGN departments as well as assisting Senior Management at IMGN in controlling and planning their expenses in preparation of their annual budget and quarterly forecasts;
• Assist in the preparation of Board reporting packages and other data used for external reporting;
• Assist in the collection, consolidation, and analysis of the Global CARS process to manage all non-IT Capex spend globally.
• Partner with IMGN Department Heads to collect and compile data and statistics to understand their business operations and results;
• Gather data and provides financial analyses to facilitate key business decisions and strategic planning, communicating the results to Senior Management;
• Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models, such as long-range plans, as well as tools for monitoring business performance and forecasting;
• Prepares IMGN accruals and re-class entries related to monthly and quarterly closings;
• Evaluate and implements opportunities for streamlining of existing processes, reducing the manual nature of tasks while improving financial accuracy of reporting and actuals;
• Responsible for ad-hoc invoice submissions, coding, vendor set-up requests and payment status tracking for all corporate departments.
• Manage project accounting process/coding and reporting for all IMGN overhead departments;
• Track IMGN cash outflow for various projects/initiatives; and
• Performs various ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Work both autonomously and as part of a team.
• Meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; and
• Manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 2+ years of relevant work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business is required.
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong computer skills, knowledge of Hyperion and SAP a plus, proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications;
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build partnerships with client groups;
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.