Finance Planning Manager
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/10/2020 9:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Finance Planning Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Finance Planning Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Finance Planning Manager? Finance Planning Manager
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Business Transformation Office.
A little bit about our team:
The WMG Business Transformation Office is helping build the Digital Music Company of the Future, focused on: digital transformation; organizational design; strategic planning; technology systems, solutions and processes; and non-labor cost management across the globe.
The Transformation Office manages the formulation of long-term strategic initiatives to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Group's overall corporate strategic vision and mission.
The team leads and manages the evaluation of potential business ideas, merger and acquisition (M&A) and corporate projects, as well as the development of plans to facilitate the effective execution of identified projects, in order to support the Group's corporate strategy and operational needs.
Why this could be your next big break:
Reporting to the EVP Business Transformation, the Finance Planning Manager works within a global remit and is responsible for supporting the implementation of the WMG Business Transformation.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage the ongoing documentation and socialization of transformation cost/benefit efforts across all WMG Technology and Enterprise transformation initiatives to ensure delivery against the business case
• Work with the Tech Planning team to determine product and project budgets, forecast spend, business outcome metrics and presentational material
• Help track costs against project budgets
• Own all month-end close activities (including journal entry prep), budget, forecasts, and cash flow reporting for the ATO
• Review all vendor time sheets & invoices to ensure appropriate allocation of cap ex / op-ex
• Meet with heads of IT, GDO and Business Portfolio Directors to manage costs and savings
• Align and engage on an ongoing basis with the ATO Program leadership, 3rd Party Vendors and Transformation Consultants
• Responsible for all program invoice submissions, coding, vendor set-ups and payment status tracking
• Execute all ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
• Own the preparation of all monthly reporting; including Board reporting packages and other data used for external reporting
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Bachelor's degree in either Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics
• 5+ years' work experience
• Strong finance & analytical skills; music / entertainment industry experience not required but a plus
• Relevant Accounting and FP&A Analyst experience
• Superior Microsoft Office skills and ability to perform complex analysis and presentation material
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong time management skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong Finance experience in a fast-paced organization
• Superior communication skills
• Worked in a transformation environment
• PMO experience and/or PMP certification
• Media or entertainment experience preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.