Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
WEA is the distribution division and the global artist and label services arm of Warner Music Group. WEA oversees a variety of functions such as streaming account management & playlisting, physical account management and distribution, direct-to-fan and merchandising operations, consumer acquisition, content creation, legal & business affairs, and finance.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Executive Assistant will support 2 Senior Executives with day-to-day administration. The Executive Assistant will work closely with all WEA departments, plus HR, Finance, Office Services & Acquisitions (EMP, HipHopDX, Songkick, and UPROXX.) on various projects.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage extensive executive calendars, schedule meetings on a regional and global scale, arrange conference calls and travel (domestic & international), coordinate team meetings and functions, answer phones, manage executive expenses, etc.
• Will be an effective communicator with an advanced understanding of the executive functions and requirements
• Liaise with Technology and Office Services departments regarding software, equipment, and office needs
• Will be the administrative go-to person for the department; able to answer or direct questions to the right person
• Manage highly sensitive, confidential information with the highest level of discretion
• Will work on special projects for the President for other WEA departments as needed
• You will aide in the preparation and dissemination of business reviews, spreadsheets, and ad hoc presentations.
• Assist with creating, formatting, and designing PowerPoint presentations and charts
• Plan domestic & international conferences/special events on & offsites, both in-person and virtualy
• Coordinate department needs and initiatives with HR to enhance remote working
• Support various ad hoc requests as needed
• You are a pro-active 'self-starter' who takes initiative to get involved in all aspects of the department
• You are highly detail-oriented, able to multi-task on a regular basis and work independently as well as a ''Team'' environment
• You are driven and dedicated while constantly seeking learning opportunities.
• You have deadline awareness and the ability to prioritize workload
• You have the ability to orchestrate and manage multiple overlapping meetings, projects, vendors
• You have the ability to proactively identify challenges and offer creative and innovative solutions
• You have the ability to communicate information clearly, concisely, and professionally, both written and verbally
• You have strong budgeting and project management skills including top-to-bottom event planning
• You have an ability to take direction and execute specific outlined initiatives
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate with employees at all levels in the company, including senior management, clients, and vendors
• You have the ability to work with others and maintain focus while working under pressure
• You have outstanding organization and follow-up skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5+ years of Executive level administrative experience.
• 5+ years of Corporate meeting planning experience.
• 5+ years in Project management experience desirable.
• 5+ Experience with budget administration in corporate environments is a plus.
• College Degree preferred
• Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.