Executive Assistant, Promotion & Commerce
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Executive Assistant, Promotion & Commerce
A little bit about our team:
Promotion works towards developing awareness and exposure for records through various mediums focusing on but not limited to radio. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing, crafting grassroots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets. This role will assist the EVP in all facets of their duties and responsibilities.
In a complex and constantly evolving marketplace, the Commercial Accounts and Revenue team are the wizards of it all. Our team is responsible for driving revenue for our artists in a multifaceted ecosystem. We are responsible for all the ways fans consume music, from streaming services like Spotify and Apple to physical retailers across the world.
Why this could be your next big break:
As an Administrative Assistant at Warner Records, you will have a front-row seat to the inner workings of a major record label. This is an opportunity for a professional who has a get-things-done, proactive, entrepreneurial, and problem-solving approach. You will support and work alongside a motivated, experienced, and incredibly busy executive in our DTLA headquarters. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily prioritize a multitude of competing demands, this role is for you.
This job is comprised of 2 primary areas of responsibility: Administrative duties and Department duties. This position calls for great communication, excellent attention to detail, and a passion for music.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage phones and maintain calendar for appointments, calls, meetings, VIP visitors, and key projects
• Coordinate frequent domestic and international travel for both the EVP and artists as needed
• Maintain project and staff roster documents
• Weekly set up of team meetings including arranging seating to accommodate large group, gathering and setting up audio/visual companions, etc.
• Maintain Department Documents: Print, scan, photocopy, and format documents as needed. Direct documents to the appropriate parties, obtain approvals when necessary, and make certain all deadlines are met
• Collect shipment information, put packages together, and deliver to mailroom
• Maintain and update department time off tracker (sick, personal, and vacation days)
• Closely work and connect with various internal departments to answer questions, broker solutions, handle requests, and disseminate information
• Maintain office and department inventory and supplies; Order merch, promo, and other goods
• Process and track T&E expenses in a timely manner
• Track and report budgetary spending
• Professionally work with all levels of the organization, as well as high-profile individuals, clients, and vendors
• Provide customer service to both internal and external clients
• Draft weekly updates, reports, and summary sheets for campaigns as needed using our internal suite of tools
• Submit and handle requests to other departments using JIRA, Tableau, Music Connect, Indesign, CRight email, and other tools
• Create and track SmartURLs as needed (for releases, ticket sales, streams, etc)
• Maintain invites & RSVPs for artist showcases & events
• Work with Operations & Production team on new release scheduling and ensure content is delivered to all partners on schedule; rectify any issues that exist
• Keep team advised of all new release activity as it pertains to street dates, projections & discounting
• Maintain and organize monthly tour grid, collecting and submitting ticket requests for the departments
• Stay up to date on new social and digital technology in the marketplace
• Possess a strong work ethic; strong organization skills and focused attention to detail
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure; adhere to deadlines and complete tasks and balance multiple, diverse assignments
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within the scope of work
• Knowledge of general business practices and industry trends
• Anticipate needs and build efficient and effective processes
• Punctual self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service and phone etiquette
• Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
• General digital literacy including a solid understanding of Microsoft Office, iMac
• Handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
• Ability to communicate effectively internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values
• Ability to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience as an Executive Assistant, supporting at the executive level within the music industry
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distri