Executive Assistant / Global Sync Coordinator
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Executive Assistant/Global Sync Coordinator
A little bit about our team:
The Visual Media Licensing department represents the recorded music rights and offers clients a comprehensive sync licensing service. They work to serve WMG's extensive catalog and the company's frontline recorded music labels by strategically developing new opportunities in film, TV, advertising, video games, and new media.
Responsible for the Executive Vice President of Global Sync's day to day calendar, scheduling meetings and calls across the globe and assisting the Film/TV and Advertising teams with administrative duties.
Here you'll get to:
• Schedule meetings and business lunches/dinners/drinks with artists, managers and clients on behalf of the ad department
• Assist team in pitches and uploading quote confirmations into internal licensing system
• Point person for audio/rights inquiries, WMG contacts, digital whitelisting, updating reference documents
• IRI liaison for department, distribute international priority releases and add to playlists to assist with future pitches
• Maintain frontline/catalog international and domestic ad trackers for key global colleagues and labels to be distributed on a weekly basis
• Upload all new music into Sharp and designate into playlists for team to pitch
• Liase with WMUK and studio for monthly ''found sounds'' audio playlisting
• Work with legal team to cross-check and scout for infringements
• Assist in maintaining ticket purchases and guestlists for WR, ATL, and 300Elektra tours
• Possess extensive knowledge of catalog and new releases
• Provide support as needed to the Advertising team
• Provides a cross functional role as the central contact for recorded music sync teams within WMG
• Organize internal systems such as contact lists, client lists, department lists, department calendars and show calendars
• Coordinate internal reporting on a domestic level
• Direct questions to the right personnel and departments
• Prepare the team for business meetings with creation of reports, reviews, research and systems as needed
• Possess extensive knowledge of company wide licensing systems in order to coordinate department and label needs
• Coordinate meetings with regional sync departments domestically
• Prepare materials as they relate regionally to sync teams
• Curate playlists across various platforms for domestic sync teams to use as tools for pitching
• Curate licensing reports for artists under WMG umbrella
• Have an awareness of new shows/films/products
• Possess extensive knowledge of catalog and new releases within WMG
• Correspond with artist management to best align business practices and maximize value
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data.
• Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in knowledge of general business practices.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills, high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work and being accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well on a team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
We'd love it if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree with a major in music, business preferred.
• A minimum of two years relevant assistant, coordinator experience
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Di