Executive Assistant, Global Digital Strategy and Business Development
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Executive Assistant, Global Digital Strategy and Business Development
A little bit about our team:
The Global Digital Strategy and Business Development ("DSBD") team drives overall digital strategy across WMG while executing upon partnerships and content license deals that drive that strategy forward. From the world's biggest companies to local startups that are breaking new ground in tech, media and music, the DSBD works at all levels of WMG and the industry to vitalize incremental and diversified strategic value for WMG, its artists, songwriters and fans. The team is tasked to think holistically and move quickly and so, members of the team are highly strategic while driven by execution and impact.
As the Executive Assistant to WMG's Chief Digital Officer and EVP, Business Development, you will play a critical role at WMG. The Executive Assistant will help with scheduling, phone calls, prioritizing and organizing, travel, team training and events as well as process initiatives to create efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be proactive, curious, flexible, organized and able to work independently and with passion. You are an independent person who is willing to engage in administrative/clerical duties as well as more complex project work to the extent of the applicant's capabilities.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage extensive executive calendar, schedule meetings on a regional and global scale, arrange conference calls and travel (domestic & international), coordinate team meetings and functions, answer phones, manage executive expenses, etc.
• Communicate with an advanced understanding of executive functions and requirements.
• Manage highly sensitive, confidential information with the highest level of discretion
• Plan domestic & international conferences/special events on & off-sites, both in-person and virtually.
• Proactively organize and prioritize complex schedules and opportunities.
• Drive efficiencies across the team by helping to build on-boarding for new team members and processes and trainings for existing members.
• Liaise with Technology and Office Services departments regarding software, equipment, and office needs.
• Support various ad hoc requests.
• You are a pro-active 'self-starter' who takes initiative to get involved in all aspects of the department.
• You are highly detail-oriented and organized while able to multi-task across multiple high-profile priorities.
• You have deadline awareness and ability to prioritize workload.
• You have the ability to identify challenges and create fixes.
• You have the interest in proactively identifying opportunities in order to drive efficiencies and value.
• You have the ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and professionally, both written and verbally.
• You have an ability to take direction and execute specific outlined initiatives.
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate with people at all levels within the company and externally.
We'd love it if you also had:
• 7+ years of executive level administrative experience.
• College Degree preferred.
• Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.