Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Executive Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
This role reports to the EVP of Business & Legal Affairs and General Counsel, Atlantic Records Corp., as well as provides general assistance to the Atlantic Business & Legal Affairs department.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you are smart, detail-oriented, like working collaboratively, and have strong organizational skills, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. You will work behind the scenes, in a fast-paced environment to provide support to our entire Business & Legal Affairs team. Working for the Business & Legal Affairs department gives you a great opportunity to get a bird's eye view of the business & legal issues relevant to the entire music industry and to learn the nitty-gritty of label operations while interfacing with people from all across the company.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare, send and track contract execution copies.
• Answer telephone, screens, logs, and places calls.
• Manage supervisor's calendar; schedule meetings and conference calls.
• Organize Department Meetings.
• Maintain legal files.
• Submit expense reports.
• Order mail, office, and other supplies for department use.
• Open, record, and distribute mail.
• Sales and other research.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
• General office work (i.e., word processing).
• Have a college degree or several years' relevant experience as an executive level assistant in the music industry.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Highly organized, resourceful, have an attention to detail and are rigorous about proofing your own work (and occasionally the work of others).
• Excellent phone and communication skills.
• Comfortable with spreadsheets, numbers, and math.
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
• Calm under pressure.
• Hard worker for whom no task is too small.
• Have a passion for music and a genuine interest in the music industry.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Prior assistant experience including answering phones, booking travel and handling T&E.
• Paralegal experience, experience as an executive level assistant at a media company, music industry experience or any combination of the foregoing.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.