Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Warner Music GroupMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant & Office Manager (bilingual)
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Executive Assistant & Office Manager
A little bit about our team:
We are the regional office overseeing US Latin and Latin America based in Miami, representing some of the greatest songwriters and producers shaping Latin music. You will be in charge of helping the Miami A&R team run smoothly as well as support and coordinate the Latin America team.
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is a major publishing company. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We arguably have the most in demand roster in the business and the company as a whole has never been this ''hot.'' Join a winning team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their never a dull moment journey to a #1, or #1s for that matter!
As Executive Assistant to the President of Latin America, you have the opportunity to learn from and interface with all levels in the organization.
Here you'll get to (responsibilities):
• Manage schedule, travel arrangements and expense reports for President of Latin America, and other executives as needed
• Welcome visitors to the office
• Prepare reports and presentations as requested
• Be point of contact for corporate communications and our office
• Be in the know of the operations of the business, extending beyond the Miami office by using your resourcefulness to connect with other Executive Assistants in other offices
• Assist A&R's in research, scouting, catalog reviews, new signings, songwriting camps and sessions, song pitching and other related tasks
• Create weekly reports to keep track and analyze WCM's participation in relevant charts
• Review new releases weekly to identify releases by our writers, create playlists and newsletters to communicate them.
• Point of contact for all writers' questions, helping to solve any issues directly or reaching out to appropriate department internally
• Upload demos to pitch and create playlists
• Maintain and update department files, records and publications
• Manage studio calendar
• Process writers' payments (travel/demos)
• Manage WCM Latin's social media profiles
• Take notes during meetings
• Be point of contact for writers/managers for receiving/requesting splits for registration
• Internal contact with copyright and licensing departments
• Responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for new releases / songs and delivering information to copyright department for processing
• Have a high school level education, Bachelor's degree preferred; preferably augmented by course work in music publishing, business administration and related fields
• Speak and write in English and Spanish
• Minimum one (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience in an administrative supportive role preferably in a music publishing or related business, or:
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position
• Interest and knowledge of contemporary music and current music trends
• Knowledge of general business practices
• Possess a strong work ethic
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• The ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
• Great time management
• Ability to work well in team
• Demonstrated ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
• Foresight to anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes
• Motivation - Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks
• Innovation - Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically
• Consistency - takes initiative
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still a