Director, Us Catalog Development and Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, US Catalog Development and Marketing
A little bit about our team:
There has never been a more exciting time to work in catalog in the music industry. Thanks to new mobile and digital platforms and renewed curiosity about physical formats, discovery is unlimited and new generations of fans are listening to the best music ever recorded, regardless of when it was released, on their own terms. Fans listen across genres and decades – a good song is a good song! Digital platforms make the entire history of recorded music available, and our job in catalog is to ensure that our artists are in the best position to be heard.
Warner Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, meticulous Director of US Catalog Development and Marketing to join our team. We are a tight-knit, hard-working group that coordinates the catalogs of Warner Music Group's on and off-roster artists from the last 20 years spanning pop, hip-hop, r&b, dance/electronic, rock, alternative, metal, and country genres. We work closely with our frontline labels and artists under the Recorded Music division to develop new catalog opportunities in marketing, A&R, content development, and consumption, and then convert our findings into new strategies that are deployed across the company. We think and act like entrepreneurs. We are looking for a team member that can help us function effectively, efficiently, and creatively.
The role of the Director, US Catalog Development and Marketing centers around music marketing, strategic development, and performance analysis. You will develop expert fluency in the catalog of Warner Music Group's Recorded Music division with a focus on marketing current ex-US repertoire (Atlantic UK, Warner UK, Parlophone Records, and more) in the US market as well as marketing/supervising some US repertoire. You will work to increase exposure for artists and drive revenue by developing campaign ideas that complement active frontline campaigns, highlighting opportunities for incremental growth, sharpening and implementing standard processes across your roster, and increasing internal awareness of the value of our artists' catalogs in an ''always-on'' marketplace. This role aims to bridge the history of our artists' careers with their active releases and to continue building fanbases that stay with them forever. This role reports into the SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing out of Los Angeles.
Here you'll get to:
• Collaborate with the SVPs, Global Catalog Development and Marketing, UK based Global Marketing Directors to develop and implement US-focused campaigns and strategies for on- and off-cycle catalog priorities across pop, hip-hop, r&b, dance/electronic, rock, alternative, metal, and country artists.
• Become an authority in the history of each artist on your roster and the landscape of the genre they occupy. This includes their overall brand, past releases, marketing campaigns, social media presence, fanbase consumption habits, US chart performance, and more.
• Identify US opportunities, research trends, and communicate and collaborate with UK-based Global Marketing Directors and other internal departments, frontline labels, and artist managers to drive projects forward.
• Survey current US consumption charts and reports to identify US catalog opportunities, and craft ideas to capitalize on them.
• Create and deliver regular updates to key collaborators (e.g. executive team, internal departments, frontline labels, and artist managers), highlighting US campaign performance and growth opportunities that align with our strategic goals.
• Run post-mortem analysis on US catalog marketing initiatives to evaluate successes and failures, and continue to develop best practices to apply moving forward.
• Drive catalog marketing initiatives for active priority artists in-line with anniversaries and associated landmark events throughout the artist's career.
• Develop quarterly US budget forecasts with SVP and UK-based Global Catalog Marketing Directors for forthcoming priority projects.
• Develop and create US social content and digital marketing tools in collaboration with the digital marketing team for use across social networks and streaming platforms as needed.
• Run US CRM campaigns to promote the success of US campaigns, increase knowledge of our US consumer base and inform future US direct marketing initiatives.
• You have Product Management, Marketing, and Record Label experience
• You are passionate about music across a variety of genres (keen interest in music of the last 20 years beneficial!) and have knowledge of Warner Music Group's family of current artists
• You are willing to challenge the status quo and understand the need to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the modern, ''always-on'' world
• You are a tech-savvy individual who stays up-to-date with trends
• You have strong presentation, computer, and communication skills (phone, VC, written, in person)
• Experienced in using storytelling to showcase new insights and achieve goals, creating content & bringing it to market
• Proficient in streaming, sales, and marketing analysis
• You are highly organized with strong project and time m