Director, Talent Acquisition
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Talent Acquisition
Job Title: Director, Talent Acquisition
Reports to: VP, Talent Acquisition and Mobility
A little bit about our team and this role:
We are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity- - Director of Talent Acquisition, based in our NY headquarters! Are you passionate about partnering with the business and mentoring and coaching an amazing talent team to drive strategies to attract, engage and hire the very best talent? In this key role, you will partner with the VP, Talent Acquisition and Mobility in overseeing the development of US-focused strategies, programs, processes and capabilities that enable WMG to attract, assess, hire and onboard the best people. This role will focus primarily on partnering with our east coast businesses: NY, Nashville and Miami, and also directs our student programs. You will partner with business leaders and HR partners to create amazing candidate and hiring manager experiences reflective of WMG's values, vision and our employee value proposition. You will be a true team player and thought leader, advising and collaborating on talent acquisition matters to help hire and onboard the very best talent.
• Partner with the VP to develop and deliver a flexible recruiting strategy that meets the current and future needs of the business
• Coach, mentor, develop and engage Talent Acquisition team members to inspire top performance
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners and business leaders to align activities with the needs of the business
• Lead several key Talent-related projects across multiple workstreams
• Educate and influence stakeholders via data and market insights to consider alternative models, approaches and technologies to enhance candidate sourcing and execution of recruiting practices and capabilities
• Ensure technology and brand efforts are optimized to enhance talent attraction for WMG
• Partner with the VP to lead the development and execution of programs and practices that enable the attraction, assessment, selection, hiring and onboarding of talent at multiple levels
• Train and coach hiring managers on best practices to recruit, hire and engage top talent
• Develop targeted metrics to measure the performance of the Talent Acquisition team members
• Direct the US student programs, and build relationships with key partner, universities and stakeholders
• Develop policies, programs and approaches to recruiting and managing our contingency workforce
• Oversee the selection and relationship management with key vendor partners and providers
• Lead recruitment efforts for key positions on an as-needed basis. Proactively address roles that are taking longer than expected to fill and/or have nebulous hiring expectations
• Lead efforts to build a diverse pipeline of top talent
• Partner with Legal team on select issues and compliance needs
• Manage and triage executive referrals within the business
• Support the VP on other key ad hoc projects as assigned
Our top candidate will have:
• A high level of emotional intelligence and awareness
• Strong leadership experience that serves as a role model for the business, also including humility and vulnerability as a leader
• Possess a strong data and analytics-oriented mindset with experience in leveraging data to ''tell a story''
• Excitement about partnering with multiple stakeholders across the business to drive our talent acquisition strategies
• Experience executing strategic talent acquisition initiatives while addressing the day to day operational needs and challenges
• Experience building employment brand strategies and using digital and social platforms for talent acquisition efforts
• Experience managing the performance of others. Strong leadership qualities and skills with the ability to build trust, motivate and inspire team members.
• Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing best practices and metrics to measure team performance
• Demonstrated knowledge of best-in-class recruiting practices and tools
• Strong listening skills and influencing skills
• Hands-on experience to deliver practical and effective solutions
• Strong time management and prioritization/organizational skills for self and team members
• High level of positive energy and enthusiasm
• Outstanding technology skills, with Workday experience being preferred
• Executive presence and strong communication skills
• Data-driven approach to assessing and managing the function and capabilities of a Talent organization
• Sense of urgency, can do attitude with a focus on continuous improvement
• Self-directed and able to work autonomously
Experience and Educational Requirements
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in a Talent Acquisition leadership capacity. Additional HR experience as an HR Business Partner or in a related capacity is a plus.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent required; preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field
• Masters/graduate degree or equivalent desirable
• PHR or SPHR certification or equivalent preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.