Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after synchronization licensing team at Warner Chappell Music.
A little bit about our team:
The synchronization licensing team is directly responsible for connecting our songwriters to creative music users in film, TV, advertising, video games, and merchandising. We look for innovative ways to pair songs with content that influences culture on a global level and enriches the lives of music lovers everywhere. To accomplish this, we work directly with our writers to better understand their goals and ambitions, and we customize our services and marketing approach accordingly. We're always looking for unique and interesting new ways to promote the extraordinary breadth & diversity of our catalogs.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love music both new and old, are highly organized, a strategic thinker, and want to create game-changing opportunities for some of the best songwriters in the world, Warner Chappell's synchronization licensing team is the place for you. We pride ourselves on being the best creative partner and solution provider to all professional music users. If that's what drives you too, we want you on our team.
Here you'll get to:
• Connect some of the best songwriters and songs in the world with licensing opportunities in media and branding that reach a global audience and directly influence our culture.
• Provide expert creative and administrative services to a broad variety of media projects.
• Further position Warner Chappell as the best partner for all professional users of music.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Learn the Warner Chappell song catalogs as thoroughly as possible and keep current with all new signings, songs, and songwriter marketing plans.
• Liaise with our A&R staff, songwriters, managers, and estates to develop a thorough understanding of their repertoire, creative, and business goals.
• Create customized song pitches for writers, songs, & specific areas of the catalog that are informed by a direct knowledge of both our music user client's creative, administrative, and budgetary needs, and of our songwriters' goals and business strategy.
• Procure & manage opportunities for our writers to work directly with brand & advertising clients on custom & integrated projects.
• Work with department staff on digital marketing campaigns tailored to the creative needs of our music user clients in advertising, branding, and promotion.
• Cultivate and maintain key relationships with ad agencies, brand marketing executives, and independent creative supervisors in order to create the most meaningful opportunities for our songwriters and songs.
• Research current agencies & advertising campaigns in order to identify new business targets for revenue generation & growth.
• Attend live performances by our writers and set up strategic showcase opportunities for our writers & music user clients.
• Negotiate and administer synchronization licensing deals and work with various company departments to ensure proper execution of licenses.
• Conduct thorough and accurate rights and restriction research related to our songs & songwriters.
• Safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5-7 years' experience in sync/music production for advertising and/or branding clients.
• Thorough understanding of, and passion for, all genres and eras of popular music and demonstrable knowledge of the creative intersection of music and advertising.
• A high degree of self-motivation and responsibility for/ownership of tasks, with the ability to handle high volume of creative project work with accurate and timely execution.
• General computer software skills with exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office software, and a basic understanding of digital marketing tools and data (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
• Functional knowledge of business practices in music licensing.
• Excellent professional communication skills and etiquette, both written and verbal.
• A high level of customer service, phone etiquette, and presentation skill.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.