Director, Retail Merchandise Production
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Retail Merchandise Production
Job Title: Director, Retail Merchandise Production
Reports To: VP, Merchandise Production
Department: Merchandise Production
Location: Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Merchandise Production team at WEA/Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The merchandise production team provides production and purchasing services for concert tours, Warner online web store and outside retailers as well as misc. corporate and label promotions.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a fast paced, high volume position that requires tenured retail production & purchasing experience for apparel and accessories shipping into retailers. Manage retail production schedule in a fast paced environment.
Established vendor relationships and sourcing new vendors are critical for competitive pricing, quick turn times, quality control and on time deliveries. Partner w/Retail Sales Department to determine time lines, work flow, charge backs and support long range goals. Manage onboarding all new Retailers.
Understanding and implementing retail requirements. Daily duties include sourcing, quoting, vendor choice, creating PO's, dispersing art files, tracking orders, shipping logistics and managing retail production schedule. Stay up to date on retail requirements and develop work flow systems. Stay current on retail trends. Train and mentor Production staff on all retail processes. Multi-tasking, resourcefulness & problem solving skills are a must.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage Retail Merchandise Production
• Develop and manage retail work flow and systems
• Manage retail production schedule
• Source, develop and maintain vendor relationships
• Manage quoting process, vendor negotiations and margin targets.
• Manage all item set ups and outgoing purchase orders
• Communicate order logistics to retail buyers, vendor relations and other pertinent retail contacts.
• Develop & manage shipping logistics for retail orders.
• Partner with internal customers (Retail Sales, Product Managers, Art Department, Warehouse, Accounting and all affiliated Corporate contacts) and remain customer focused at all times.
• Track, research and record all chargebacks.
• Stay current on retail styles, trends and issues
• Train internal staff on retail systems and processes
• Manage, develop and educate team members
• Perform special project and other job related duties as assigned
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Minimum 5 years Retail Specific Production/Buying/Sourcing experience
• Established vendor base & relationships for retail ready apparel and accessories
• Strong negotiating skills to optimize sales margins
• Familiarity w/EDI order transmission & proprietary systems from various retailers
• Experience ingesting retail manuals and adapting work flow to accommodate retailer requirements.
• Strong organizational, problem solving and attention to detail skills in fast moving/high stress environment
• Customer focused at all times
• Strong communication skills (both verbal & written)
• Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to learn and operate internal software systems
It would be music to our ears if you also had: Music Merch Production experience a plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.