Director, Project Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2022 10:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Project Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Project Management postings
Full Time Job
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Director, Project Management– New Business & Ventures
A little bit about our team:
New Business & Ventures is responsible for developing strategic initiatives and executing partnerships, content license deals, digital experience development, and investments to grow WMG's distribution network and revenue beyond core music streaming by engaging music fans in scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities through social and gaming use cases as well as immersive experiences. The team's global mandate places it in the intersection of the rapidly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with experimenting with emerging technologies and overseeing WMG's relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem.
Given its broad strategic objectives, New Business & Ventures works closely with teams across WMG's various businesses, including record labels (such as Atlantic Records and Warner Records), international affiliates, internal distribution and artists services teams and WMG's publishing arm, Warner Chappell.
Why this could be your next big break:
Based in New York, Los Angeles or London, this position is responsible for executing WMG's development, co-funding and project management of music entertainment experiences in Web3, metaverse and gaming and virtual goods partnerships and strategies. Projects will incorporate innovative structures focused on interactive content use cases, immersive experiences and strategic product integration. The ideal candidate has experience overseeing project roadmaps and driving execution through collaboration and transparency and will have spent time at a game developer, studio or metaverse platform and have a mature understanding of content licensing and the global digital media landscape.
Here you'll get to:
• Join a cross-functional team focused on first-of-their-kind partnerships across gaming and the metaverse.
• Create detailed project plans and budgets and manage day-to-day creative production operations.
• Prioritize tasks, communicate deliverables, ensure the team stays on targets with budgets and deadlines and regularly communicate with senior leadership on the status of projects, escalating issues as needed.
• Work with game developer partners, gaming partners, web3 partners, platform partners, other creatives, label teams and artists, to holistically manage the delivery of assets across various platforms and navigate competing priorities, allocating resources appropriately, and effectively clearing roadblocks.
• Partner closely with design and development studios to create, plan, and execute metaverse and gaming project roadmaps, building interactive experiences for users and music fans and iterating over design and game-loop concepts.
• Assist in go-to-market planning for content releases and developing success metrics and project KPIs.
• Communicate project visions to internal teams and operate effectively with external partners on business and operational issues.
• Author company-wide policies and best practices with respect to emerging technologies and oversee internal education
• Experienced developing a well-scoped project and content programming roadmap and comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders from business leaders, to creatives to M&A executives.
• Able to understand complex deal terms.
• Self-motivated, organized and proactive, with capacity to prioritize multiple projects at a time.Strong knowledge of the gaming ecosystem and interest in metaverse and blockchain concepts.
• 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• An ability to effectively network, build, and manage relationships with partners.
• Coding ability or fluency with game engines in order to clearly communicate with studio, design and/or developer teams is preferred, but not necessary.
• A strong understanding of music licensing and content development agreements.
• Excellent analytical ability, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WMX (Warner Music Experience) – the pioneering distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.