Director, Process Transformation
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Director, Process Transformation (RTR)
Director, Process Transformation (RTR)
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Financial Transformation team at Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Transformation team is a group of professionals across the WMG organization brought together to re-imagine our processes and systems to establish more standardized and efficient ways of working that will drive WMG's growth and business aspirations.
Why this could be your next big break:
The RTR Process Lead holds a global remit and is responsible for defining the future state RTR processes and the measures that are aligned with the org. strategies, country specific knowledge and requirements. This process lead will strive to capture opportunities, reviewing existing and best practice workflow, tools and data. The role moves through design, architect, testing, implementation, go-live and the steady state with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement and integration of finance process into the overall WMG landscape.
Here you'll get to:
• Support cross-functional and virtual teams across the transformation project in the review, design, development and implementation of global processes and procedures including period-end close, master data design, account reconciliations, reporting (statutory and management), consolidation, project accounting, cashflow, internal controls, fixed assets, tax and treasury
• Participate in ongoing process meetings with internal SMRs through design, implementation, testing and go-live
• Support the design, documentation and ongoing socialization of global processes whilst taking input from SMRs and program partners to understand required localizations
• Obtain buy-in to the Finance Transformation from key WMG stakeholders across the globe by credibly communicating deep operating process and systems knowledge and an appreciation of the impact at a local level
• Attend and/or present in update meetings as required for key decision/issue/risk points.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure Product / Policy / Process / Procedure / System decisions take account of territory variances and business needs
• Review and socialize RTR reporting capabilities including both standard and custom SAP reports
• Support data migration efforts including mapping of financial master data and assessment of compliance for G/L balances
• Partner with organisational design team to ensure future state processes are consistent with service centre and retained organisation resourcing
• Support the preparation of testing materials and execution of testing through the initial testing cycles and UAT.
• Review job aids, communications and training approaches to embed new ways of working and systems training for the RTR area
• Act as a spokesperson across the WMG organization for the benefits delivered by the Finance Transformation
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in either Business, Finance, Business Information Systems, Management Science or the appropriate experience may also be considered
• 10+ years' experience focusing on RTR, or related experience within a media or entertainment context
• Strong Finance process and systems knowledge from operational experience, preferably within a music industry context.
• Relevant operational RTR experience overseeing period-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, reporting (statutory and management), project accounting, fixed assets, tax, treasury and internal controls.
• Facilitative style, with prior experience of leading workshops and engaging stakeholders through a series of approaches that require a targeted level of consensus
• Technically savvy with a robust change management skillset
• Exemplary stakeholder engagement and management skills internationally and within complex, multi-faceted organizations
• Strong analytical skills and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations.
• Ability to develop, articulate and build support around a long-term vision and implement incremental milestones in support of that vision
• Team player who can cooperate/collaborate with varied business units to effectively implement the transformation initiatives
• Work effectively with other members of the Finance Transformation team (both internal and external) in order to deliver effectively on key objectives
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Transformational leadership experience
• Media or entertainment experience preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.