Director, Podcast Production
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Podcast Production
A little bit about our team:
WMG's Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms and find new business opportunities in hopes of reaching audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
WMG has made the strategic decision to bolster our podcasting presence. This role will be responsible for driving creative development and production on WMG's podcast series titles. This individual will work closely with WMG podcast creators, talent and partners to oversee projects from development through launch, working collaboratively to bring forth best-in-class podcast series. This position can be based in New York or Los Angeles
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee creative and production processes for all WMG podcast titles; ensure external creators and partners are briefed on and adhering to the latest guidelines.
• Partner with external producers on day-to-day creative and production deliverables required to keep the show on schedule, on budget, and at a high level of creative excellence; prioritize tasks for the team as needed.
• Collaborate closely with producers on all aspects of creative and production, including but not limited to, research, writing, guest/interview selection (if needed), directing talent, recording and post-production.
• Provide partners with clear creative direction and feedback on deliverables throughout production, as well as final approvals ahead of delivery, reviewing content for quality, compliance and maintaining our dedication to first in class execution.
• Work in close coordination with WMG cross-functional teams and key stakeholders (e.g., labels, international affiliates, WMG O&O media brands, publishing, etc.), with a focus on managing workflow & communications while being able to socialize, organize and address cross-functional input at scale.
• Service development partnerships by effectively pitching high-quality podcast creative.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key external partners and service providers (e.g., production companies, talent, etc.).
• 5-7+ years of experience in creative development and media production; podcasting experience a huge plus.
• Self-directed problem solver who will not only flag issues, but will offer solutions.
• Comfortable with strict deadlines and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Deep understanding of storytelling, themes, and narrative structures.
• Meticulous in your work and hold yourself to a high creative standard.
• Communicate clearly across multiple departments and speak knowledgeably about all elements of production.
• Familiarity with one or more leading DAWS (ProTools, Audition, even Premiere is acceptable).
• Ability to create impactful presentations and pitches, and articulate content strategy.
• Demonstrated executive presence and self-management ability.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong interest in the music industry.
• Strong understanding of the broader digital media and music streaming ecosystems.
• Established track record in podcast development and production, and existing relationships within the podcasting industry.
• Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.