Director, Podcast Operations
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job title– Director, Podcast Operations
A little bit about our team:
WMG's Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms and find new business opportunities in hopes of reaching audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
WMG has made the strategic decision to bolster our podcasting presence. As a part of this initiative, you would be one of the primary stakeholders responsible for establishing the operational structure and processes. You will lead operations and support across distribution, monetization, marketing, and finance. This role is based in New York.
Here you'll get to:
• Play a critical role in structuring and shaping the operational framework for podcasting as a new business line within the organization.
• Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for the new business.
• Lead all podcast publishing activities with WMG's distribution provider, ensuring that episodes are published and released according to schedule.
• Plan, monitor, and analyze key podcast performance metrics.
• Work with internal and external partners to maximize monetization opportunities (e.g., ad sales, etc.).
• Coordinate with WMG's Finance and Accounting teams to ensure that we meet partner reporting and payment commitments.
• Collaborate with WMG's Legal team to develop policies related to creative production.
• Create and drive presentations to communicate and socialize business progress to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Draft/Maintain and distribute weekly project reports to ensure all internal stakeholders are up-to-date on key dates and status.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 4 years of podcast operations experience and 7+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working in the podcast industry is required.
• Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and operate with a startup ''build'' mindset.
• Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
• Self-starter with a proactive attitude and strong work ethic.
It would be music to ours ears if you also had:
• Excellent analytical ability, written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of the broader digital media ecosystem and key trends.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Interest in the music industry is highly preferred.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.