Director People Team
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, People Team
A little bit about our team:
The WMG People Team aims to drive the business forward by partnering with leaders in helping them build their organizations and make decisions on employee related objectives. Our team focuses on coaching our managers how to lead teams, resolving employee relations issues, helping employees grow at WMG, and being a thought partner on business decisions in the workplace.
The Director, People Team will support employees in the corporate functions of WMG, which includes Business Development, Business Intelligence, Legal, Global Technology, Enterprise Transformation Office, Recorded Music Innovation, Global Recorded Music Marketing, and Corporate Communications. The role provides HR leadership and guidance to all levels within the organization. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with C-Suite executives and their teams in driving their strategic goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide strategic HR business partnership to executive leadership within the organization
• Collaborate with managers of all levels to support organizational goals
• Partner with domestic and international People Team Managers to support employees in various regions across the globe
• Design solutions with a focus on team building, and change management
• Assess employees and managers, and give guidance to help them grow within the organization
• Oversee the quarterly performance planning process and coach employees and managers on how to successfully give and receive feedback.
• Analyze data and use the data analytics to help the organization make strategic business decisions
• Work closely with recruiting, compensation, benefits, learning & development, finance, and legal to provide the business comprehensive HR support
• Maintain a positive work environment by regularly interacting with employees of all levels
• Lead employee relations investigations and work with legal team to provide guidance to managers on resolving employee conflicts
• Review employee engagement survey results and present details to executive leadership to ensure short term and long term goals are driven by survey data
• Participate and lead projects that impact the larger HR community
• Lead a team of two employees (People Team Coordinator and People Team Manager)
• 8+ years of related HR experience in organizational strategy, employee relations, performance management, and talent acquisition
• Bachelor's degree
• Able to successfully project manage tasks from start to finish by scoping out a timeline, developing milestones, and keeping key stakeholders updated along the way
• Demonstrated ability to influence employees of all levels through coaching and counseling
• Comfortable with reviewing large amounts of data and extrapolating trends
• Excellent communicator
• Effective in building trust and credibility with employees
We'd love it if you also had:
• Master's degree in Human Resources Management a plus
• Past experience in the music or media industry a plus
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.