Director, Partner & Market Insights
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Partner & Market Insights
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Research + Analysis team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R+A's NYC-based team and will work closely with fellow analysts and account management to understand the trends and dynamics driving major streaming services. Our goal for this role is to serve as the conduit to our colleagues in Business Development, helping to produce findings and insights that inform strategy around WMG's key partners,
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to help our deal-leads create and implement new deals and strategy by transforming massive amounts of data into tangible insights and recommendations. Because the R+A team works closely with Business Development, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of an international record label as it engages global digital partners - and the chance to drive the analysis that influences partner-related decisions. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Build partner-by-partner and industry deep dive and trends analysis that informs key deal / business decisions
• Assess conditions that impact existing business models to provide insight and context on market outlook for innovation partnerships
• Build relationships with colleagues & partners to gain strong understanding of business operations and conduct appropriate analysis to drive growth
• Help to create market outlook for existing digital partner base and create longer term view that takes into account projections for new and existing lines of digital business
• Assist in identifying growth opportunities by applying rigorous analytics to the business performance and market/partner outlook
• Collaborate with cross functional colleagues across WEA and R&A to exchange insights.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Transition between group projects and independent research
• Produce and communicate succinct perspectives around market trends and category growth
• Prepare recommendations as they relate to deal initiatives and strategic acquisitions
• Demonstrate basic proficiency in data mining programs including SQL, Tableau and Qubole
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting preferred
• 4-6 years' experience working at a record label or content firm
• Experience transforming large data sets into actionable insights and strategies
• Strong attention to detail
• Confidence in communicating findings both on paper and in public settings (including in PowerPoint and Excel)
• A self-start with the ability to multi-task and set priorities & milestones
• Passion for music and the music business
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.