Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Participations team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
Job Title: Director, Participations
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group's Center of Excellence for Shared Services is the home to the financial, legal, and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to all U.S. record labels, publishing and artist & label services divisions. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross function collaboration and development opportunities. We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our highly sought-after Participations group.
Why this could be your next big break:
• You're highly efficient, and excel working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Working together, your team consistently meets deadlines and exceeds expectations
• Each day, you balance the important with the urgent, delegate thoughtfully and communicate effectively across the organization
• Handling large volumes of complex, financial data is your jam, you take pride producing accurate
• reporting, reviewing the work of others, and identifying insights from the data to support the
• It's important that you truly know the business, you develop your expertise as you dive into legal
• agreements, and the interpretation of contractual terms
• You love being the key point of contact for internal and external partners, and are known for
• your responsiveness and going the extra mile
• Team development is a passion of yours, you inspire and support those around you
• You have a continuous improvement mindset and jump at the opportunity to collaborate with
• others on process transformation initiatives
Here you'll get to:
• Manage a team responsible for the preparation & distribution of participation profit share and distribution statements according to contractual agreements
• Apply your financial accounting skills: perform reconciliations, cash forecasts and budgets, review financial artist & label statements, manage SOX controls, respond to audit requests
• Work closely together with other team leads to provide leadership on Participation's operations and fiscal close activities
• Build and maintain strong working relationships across the company, as a primary contact for our internal and external partners
• Communicate status & escalate issues as appropriate to senior management
• Master WMG operational & accounting systems, further expertise in participations accounting & operations
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities and contribute to the culture of the Participations group
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields, CPA preferred
• 7+ years of experience working in a related capacity
• Strong financial statement preparation background required
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, working with large data sets and complex calculations
• A proven track record of managing & supervising staff
• Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Effective interpersonal skills, able to work cross-functionally and communicate with internal &
• external stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, execute tasks with accuracy and deliver under pressure
• Ability to understand complex information quickly, breakdown and communicate to others
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Entertainment, Media, or Music Industry experience working in Participations/Royalties or similar role
• Technically savvy, working expertise with SAP S4 Hana, BI, MS Teams, SharePoint
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.