Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Participations team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of both Finance and Legal Shared Services divisions that contain Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting departments. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels to recording artists, producers, labor unions, and other external payees.
Why this could be your next big break:
Within the Participations group, this position manages a team responsible for the preparation and distribution of participation profit share, and distribution (P&D) statements on behalf of WMG's recorded music labels and subsidiaries according to contractual agreements. As a team lead you will work closely together with other leads in the group, providing leadership on Participations operations, and fiscal close activities. This role will see you maintaining key working relationships across the company as a primary contact for our internal and external partners.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare, review, approve and manage participation profit share, distribution (P&D), and merchandise statements including supporting data
• Interpret artist, label, and third-party contracts, ensuring accurate statement reporting and financial accounting
• Review and approve artist, label, and third-party payments
• Prepare, maintain, and analyze cash flow, forecasts, and budgets
• Manage Participations fiscal close process, ensure timely completion of all financial entries and reconciliations according to financial controls
• Review and approve Participations accruals & true-ups, recoupment and account transfers, and provide commentary to support entries
• Perform account reconciliations and maintenance of participation, merch, and P&D liability balances
• Respond to internal & external claims, queries and data requests, conduct research as required
• Manage internal SOX controls and work with internal & external audit staff to complete review of controls, identify and remediate gaps
• Build and develop strong relationships with internal label finance and legal departments, communicating regularly on operational issues
• Partner with Participations senior team, to identify, develop and lead department process improvement initiatives
• Manage and prioritize both team and individual workflow to meet or exceed department deadlines, productivity and quality expectations, and to ensure all inquiries receive responses within established timeframes
• Guide, train, lead and help develop staff (up to management level)
• Assist with evaluation of resources needed to meet all deadlines
• Communicate status and escalate issues as appropriate to senior management
• Master WMG operational & accounting systems, the related flow of data through the systems and further expertise in participations accounting & operations
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities and contribute to the culture of the Participations group
• General and ad hoc tasks relating to participations
Rockstar candidates will have the following:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields, CPA preferred
• 7+ years of experience working in related capacity
• Strong financial statement preparation background required
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, working with large data sets and complex calculations
• Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Effective interpersonal skills, able to work cross-functionally and communicate with internal & external stakeholders
• Thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, execute tasks with accuracy and work under pressure
• Ability to understand complex information quickly, and present to others
• A continuous improvement mindset
• A proven track record of managing & supervising staff required
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 7+ years of experience working in related capacity
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience working in Participations/Royalties or similar role
• Technically savvy, working expertise with SAP, MS Teams, SharePoint
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.