Director, Paid Social
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Paid Social
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after UPROXX team.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX is the leading digital media brand for cultural access. We are experts in what's trending and the topics and ideas that audiences need to know about. Our award-winning journalism and studio teams and our massive digital scale have made us a top 3 digital media company and a leading content creator across all of the platforms that matter most to audiences.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role will be the social expert for our brand partners and advertising clients. Responsible for leading our paid social efforts across every platform, this person will deeply understand the paid digital ecosystem, ad product capabilities across each social channel and how to measure success with holistic social programs for clients.
The Director, Paid Social will be responsible for managing social spending across every platform. Between Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Snap, Tik Tok and others, you will optimize our social budgets to deliver on our guaranteed metrics and KPIs for our clients while also driving ad product innovation on those platform.
Here you'll get to:
• Work directly with Brand Strategy, Rev Ops, Sales, and Editorial to determine paid social budgets and delivery strategies on Branded and client content
• Manage the pre-sale and post sale process for paid distribution on ad campaigns
• Directly responsible for the delivery of social views, impressions, etc. for all programs
• Create and manage delivery of Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Snap ads to deliver guarantees on branded content
• Manage and report detailed spend and performance reports directly to Finance and to Sr. Management and track invoice payments on social platforms
• Be the emerging and social platform expert within the company. Staying up to date with, testing on, and mastering, new social platforms that have the potential to create new, innovative ways for our clients to work with us
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Experience managing at least $250,000/month across paid social campaigns
• Experience with all sections of Facebook Ads and Business Manager
• Experience with Google Ads
• Deep knowledge of the social landscape with a background in delivering ad programs for clients within those environments
• A highly organized work ethic, with an attention to detail and record keeping and experience in fast-paced environments (agency or digital publishing)
• Team leadership experience and a positive attitude in high pressure situations
• Data experience within each platform to find answers to hard questions on the fly
• The ability to think outside the box to solve new problems as they arise and in high pressure times
• Experience building client wrap reports for social portions of program
• Understanding of social research programs and measuring the impact of social programs
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or other related fields preferred
• At least 3 years of experience working with paid social media advertising
• At least 1 year of experience working within a high pace digital publisher
• Experience managing Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snap ads
• Experience with Google Analytics
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.