Director Of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Warner Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Asia
A little bit about our team:
As part of WMG's dedication to equity, we are building out a global team that will allow us to tackle the cultural nuances of inclusion within 42 countries and across 6 continents where we have presence. This is a truly exciting time to be joining the WMG team!
Onboarding strategists, diversity specialists, and elevating local leaders will be vital for us to create a strong culture of belonging at Warner and become the most inclusive company in the music industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
With a new Global Head of DEI, WMG is looking to expand its existing commitments to its DEI agenda through the appointment of a new global team. In our Asia territories, there is an exciting opportunity to reposition what DEI means at WMG, and embed new behaviours and cultural norms that promote a sense of belonging.
In this leadership position, the Director of DEI, Asia will develop, own and deliver on the roadmap for all territories and businesses across the region, working with executive leadership, the People team and other partners, to ultimately ensure WMG is fulfilling its commitment in becoming a truly diverse and inclusive organisation.
Here you'll get to:
• Act as an advisory and advocate for DEI matters, offering thought leadership and guidance to internal teams, business leadership and ERGs.
• Provide programme leadership to DEI priorities, navigating the complexities of international markets and a creative, matrixed organisation.
• Develop a roadmap that documents all issues and needs across all Asia territories, along with a plan to address and execute on those deliverables
• Develop and execute a plan to engage employees and leadership in DEI programmes and promote a culture of inclusivity and support.
• Build solid relationships with Asia leadership and Employee Resource Groups (ERG's), promoting DEI concepts and influencing outcomes.
• Navigate a multi-territory landscape that is complex, nuanced and disparate in terms of cultural and societal norms, and legislative and regulatory environments, to deliver appropriate DEI activities aligned to each jurisdiction.
• Curate regional and local DEI strategies, aligned to the global agenda and business goals.
• Partner with the People team to embed effective DEI practices into every phase of the talent and development lifecycles, to support the development of diverse talent.
• Source, engage and manage appropriate DEI partnerships with third party vendors, that can deliver bespoke solutions, managing the end to end engagement from legal and commercial, to monitor outcomes and deliverables.
• Define and articulate appropriate metrics/ stretch targets to measure all aspects of DEI and work with key partners to ensure each country is making progress on their goals.
• Partner with and support the growth and development of ERG's, uniting this community across the region to advance belonging and inclusion for our employees.
• Guide, develop and bring to life local DEI Charters that showcase territory commitments and publicise these externally when appropriate.
• Leverage inclusion and employee survey results to inform meaningful and tangible actions
• You have experience working in an international DEI function for a global company regarded as having a recognised benchmark capability in DEI.
• You have a strong business background
• You possess experience in delivering highly impactful DEI programmes, projects and initiatives across multiple territories
• You are data and insight-driven DEI professional that can understand the root causes of DEI issues and appropriately translate into commitments and targets.
• You're able to build trust and psychological safety within an organisation.
• You're data savvy, being able tell the right stories using data, leveraging insight to measure return on investment and progress against the DEI agenda.
• You have experience consulting in the DEI or human capital space, providing a meaningful strategic advisory service.
• You possess strong people leadership experience, with an ability to develop, engage and motivate a team.
• You have diverse experience in different cultures across Asia.
• You have experience engaging with executive and ERG communities.
• You're a self-sufficient driver of change, highly organised and possess strong strategy and execution capabilities.
• You're fluent in English
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience managing direct and indirect budget sources across complex, matrix organisations.
• DEI vendor engagement and management experience.
• Fluency in Mandarin.
• Experience working in a Media/Content/Entertainment organisation that has undergone significant business transformation.
• Familiarity with published literature and research on DEI in the workplace.
• Strong analytical and numerical capability.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, col