Director, New Business & Ventures
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, New Business & Ventures
A little bit about our team:
New Business & Ventures is responsible for developing strategic initiatives and executing partnerships, content license deals, and investments to grow WMG's distribution network and revenue beyond core music streaming by engaging music fans in scaled, culturally relevant digital platforms and communities in the social and interactive and immersive media ecosystems. The team's global mandate places it in the intersection of the rapidly evolving global digital media and consumer technology landscape, and as such, the team is charged with experimenting with emerging technologies and overseeing WMG's relationships and initiatives within the startup ecosystem.
You will join a lean, entrepreneurial team charged with developing WMG's innovation strategy, identifying new diversifying business opportunities, and striking partnership and licensing deals around new use cases for music. The ideal candidate for the role will have music licensing experience and a mature understanding of the global social and immersive media ecosystems as well as the evolving digital platform landscape.
Here you'll get to:
• Negotiate framework deals and catalog licenses to enable music within social and new emerging technology ecosystems.
• Partner with internal and external key stakeholders to develop new business models and economic structures related to new use cases and platforms for music content.
• Assist senior deal leads in the negotiation and execution of license deals and investments.
• Build financial models for key deal negotiations with partners.
• Drive presentations to communicate findings to senior BD team and key WMG stakeholders (e.g., c-suite, label heads, etc.).
• Monitor and identify key trends in the digital media and technology landscapes.
• Support WMG's startup initiatives, including actively participating in the support of WMG Boost and Techstars Music.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in music, entertainment, media, or investment banking.
• Music and content licensing experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of digital media and evolving consumer technology.
• Demonstrated pro-activity, executive presence, and self-management ability.
• Proven talent for leading deal and project-based teams.
• Established record in applying innovative and data-driven approaches and structures to deal making.
• Excellent analytical ability, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Consulting, content licensing and strategic partnerships with music, investment banking, or other corporate deal related or strategy/business development experience preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in some of the following areas: social media business models, AR / VR, gaming, ad-supported media, e-commerce.
• Aptitude for data visualization and data storytelling to create compelling data driven materials and presentations.
• Passion for music and creating the best new experiences for fans.
• Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MA, MBA)
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.