Director, Music Creative
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Music Creative
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Production Music (WCPM) is a global leader in the production music industry with over 35 years of experience and success and boasts 150,000+ unique tracks in its catalogs. With new leadership, a recent rebrand, a new music search platform, and two new recording studios (Hollywood, Nashville), WCPM is poised for explosive growth and this is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly motivated team focused on refreshing and growing the WCPM brand to meet the unique and expanding challenges of the production music industry.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for a Director, Music Creative to work in a fast-paced dynamic creative environment out of our LA office. Candidate will report to the VP, Licensing & Music Creative, Warner Chappell Production Music and will cover many aspects of overseeing the Music Creative team and conducting music searches on a daily basis, catering to all of our US, Canada, and LATAM (as needed) based clients in the entertainment and advertising industry. This position will sit between Licensing and Production, combining music curation, playlisting, and catalog/metadata feedback.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee and train a team of Music Creatives and its day-to-day workflow
• Nurture WCPM's client base with daily music searches, relationship management, music brief follow-up, general creative needs, and respond accurately, timely, and with confidence
• Create workflows within the team to deliver requests in a timely manner, balancing client timelines and priorities
• Support the entire Licensing Team with their music requests and projects
• Work with Licensing Team on researching potential contacts and strategies
• Work with Production Team to forecast music trends within our industry
• Work with Production team and shepherd album production if and when necessary
• Work with Production and Licensing teams on reference tracks for custom music as needed
• Work with 3rd party catalog Relations Team to assist in creative strategy for new content
• Research music trends of current shows and compile playlists, bins, beds for client pitching
• Create, update and maintain playlists on WCPM website and work with Marketing to strategize Featured Playlisting
• Assess gaps in catalogs offered and assist in A&R for Artist Catalog
• Research upcoming client projects and creative direction to pro-actively pitch
• Provide recommendations and identify issues for search site improvements and metadata
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in music studies
• Minimum of 7 years' experience working for a music library
• Depth of knowledge across many music genres, musical score, instrumentation, and musical terms
• Ability to work efficiently and well under pressure
• Ability to present and lead discussions analyzing industry music needs
• Ability to decipher and translate client needs into appropriate recommendations
• Must be willing to work around production schedules and deadlines, including availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays (as needed)
• Ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• History and talent for identifying strong creative material with experience in the Entertainment Industry
• Creative curiosity
• Passion for music
• A collaborative personality that contributes well to a team setting
• Conversational Spanish a plus
• Experience syncing music to picture as a Music Supervisor or similar capacity
• Experience scoring with production music or in custom music services, including preparing score packages
• Familiarity with Salesforce, Source Audio, and other music hosting platforms
• Familiarity with editing software (e.g. AVID, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut)
• Experience with sampling a plus.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.