Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Marketing team.
Title: Director, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Rhino Entertainment is the catalog division of Warner Music Group, responsible for product development and marketing for Warner's vast, eclectic roster of iconic artists, labels, albums, and songs. The Director, Marketing role will be part of the U.S. marketing department which oversees marketing, PR, and promotion.
Why this could be your next big break:
The role of Director, Marketing is responsible for developing innovative and impactful marketing strategy and plans for our artists and releases in the US. Your primary goals are to maximize visibility for Warner catalog artists and monetize assets, with an increased focus on streaming and digital platforms, as well as the traditional physical formats.
Here you'll get to:
• You will collaborate and develop long-term artist calendars and promotional priorities for the US.
• You will collaborate and develop the US marketing and promotion budgets.
• You will develop tour marketing strategy & assets for US tours.
• You will develop overall US media strategy.
• You will identify top US markets and create/request bespoke assets to engage fans/consumers in those markets.
• You will identify, develop, and pursue local partnership opportunities in those markets.
• You will source, commit, and monitor traditional, digital, outdoor, radio, and other advertising campaigns.
• You will develop brick + mortar retail strategy with commerce department and outside agencies.
• You will develop strategic partnerships using our assets with a variety of partners (press, sales, brand, and/or digital).
• You will initiate and facilitate special promos and events, virtual and otherwise, and act as label rep for all artist ''US'' promo.
• You will work with distribution company to develop and execute CRM campaigns designed to promote success on annual campaigns, increased knowledge about our consumer base, and inform future direct/personalized marketing opportunities.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have 5+ years professional experience in strategic marketing, planning, and implementation.
• You have a Bachelor's Degree with focus on marketing, communications or advertising preferred.
• You have music/entertainment industry experience with an understanding of the streaming, online, social media, publicity, promotions, product development and sales fields.
• You have the ability to think creatively, plan, and execute both the details and big picture.
• You have strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with team members to develop and execute strategic projects.
• You have strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task across an eclectic variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work and communicate with both creative and business-oriented colleagues and partners.
• You have a strong passion for a wide variety of music artists and genres along with knowledge of how to speak to their fanbases.
• You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven success creating and sustaining a diverse, open and inclusive culture.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.