Director, Live Event Production
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Director, Live Event Production
Location: Los Angeles, CA
A little bit about our team:
This role is part of the Live Event Production team at the corporate office in DTLA. The role will report to the Head of Live Event Production.
We host a variety of physical and virtual events, both live and recorded, including artist performances, interviews, panel discussions, executive town halls, and company conferences. We work with the industry's leading artists such as Ed Sheeran, Lizzo, Cardi B, Janelle Monae, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Green Day, Blake Shelton, The War On Drugs, Dua Lipa, Gary Clark Jr., and Bebe Rexha as well as high profile company executives and music producers. Our suite of record labels consists of Atlantic, Asylum, Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, Rhino, Roadrunner, Warner Music Nashville and Warner Records, to name a few.
The Director of Event Production will work with the Head of the department to manage logistics and production for physical and virtual events. You'll act as the primary point of contact on the day of the event and be involved in all advance work leading up to the event. You'll ensure that the record label's vision for the event is realized and that they're fully supported from the planning stage throughout the close of show. You'll work with talent including musicians and executives to ensure they have what they need to put on a great show. You'll hire and direct a team freelance crew to operate technical positions. You'll also collaborate with other departments such as HR, Comms, Facilities, Security, etc. on the parameters of each event. You are responsible for ensuring the event runs smoothly, and everyone walks away happy.
Here you'll get to:
• Run point on Production and be the voice on all technical aspects for events.
• Create a Run of Show and Production Schedule with detailed timings from load in to load out.
• Hire and manage freelance technical crew such as audio engineers, FOH operators, lighting technicians, stagehands live streaming technicians, etc.
• Conduct sound checks and tech rehearsals.
• Rent equipment including audio, lighting, video and staging elements.
• Coordinate with artist teams on band instrumentation and equipment needs.
• Communicate information and timelines to talent, record labels and corporate teams.
• Gather assets for virtual productions and make sure they're delivered on time.
• Ensure the show starts on time and the day runs smoothly.
• Build a stable of production partners, freelance crew, technical operators for events.
• Manage physical equipment and in house technical systems.
• Stay up to date on the latest technical workflows for livestreaming and bring new methodologies to WMG.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in physical AND virtual events
• Knowledge of live streaming technical workflow
• Minimum 5 year's experience working with musicians in a live performance environment
• Experience leading and supervising teams in a production environment
• Experience working with talent including musicians and high level executives.
• Maintain a positive disposition and calm demeanor.
• Effectively listen to and understand a label's creative vision and requests.
• Raise concerns and red flags when appropriate, yet always find solutions when problems arise.
• Communicate the production plan in a clear, thorough, and detailed manner to the Events team and record label.
• Know how to speak with artists and their management team.
• Know how to speak with high profile company executives and conduct yourself in a corporate environment.
• Be flexible and able to pivot on a dime when changes are made at the last minute.
• Be highly organized and memorialize every detail from top to bottom.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here,