Director, Income Tracking
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 6:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Income Tracking jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Income Tracking postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Director, Income Tracking
A little bit about our team:
The Income Tracking department is responsible for verifying and analyzing royalty payments from sources in the US and Canada including PROs, DSPs, record labels, and third-party licensees to identify non-payment or under-payment of royalties. In addition to verifying and reviewing US and Canadian income sources, the team handles the review of international income for all core and production music deals signed out the US and Canada. The team works closely with internal WCM departments in the US and other territories to analyze large data sets with the purpose of identifying payment issues and pursuing adjustments on behalf of our clients.
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, is responsible for managing and overseeing all Income Tracking aspects of the Administration Department, as well as managing a four-person team.
Here you'll get to:
• Lead the group in all departmental functions, including but not limited to related system development such as customizing current and new technology to best achieve departmental objectives, as well as system implementation and operation
• Set clear priorities, objectives (complete with path to completion) and deadlines for the rest of department
• Understanding of and ability to use systems and technology critical to income tracking – including but not limited to Tableau Online, Monday.com, Alteryx, etc.
• Identify areas of underreporting and/or opportunities for tracking and develop systematic approach to monitor and collect in these areas
• Manage distribution of tasks and workload among team in order to complete departmental objectives
• Provide accurate data and analysis to other departments, including executives, clients and outside parties as needed/requested
• Maintain deep knowledge of internal reporting systems, both current and developing, in order to perform research and analysis accurately and efficiently and to guide the team on same
• Always working to improve methods and approach to collecting ''missing'' income in the ever-shifting landscape of music publishin.
• Prepare correspondence, attends/chairs staff meetings, performs special assigned tasks, and prepares requisite reports
• Partner with Royalty, Executive, and/or Business Affairs department to review problems of clients such as writers, composers, publishers, etc., through research and conferring with other departmental or Company staff and/or coordinates the adjudication and/or settlements thereof
• Partner with various Company departments such as Copyright, Licensing, Creative and Finance to verify information on certain releases, development, license status, payments in order to provide royalties projections or/and relevant financial information in regards of budget forecast
• Lead department and acts as liaison in interactions with third party partners used to enhance collection efforts
• Other duties and responsibilities may be added as needed to achieve departmental objectives
• Handle and direct work on ad hoc income tracking requests from internal and external sources, including the prioritization of the work, and management of deadlines to ensure that projects are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• A high school level education, or its equivalent, and, a baccalaureate degree with a major in accounting and/or business administration.
• Five (5) years of responsible professional experience in Music Publishing Administration within an Income Tracking department, at least two (2) years of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience with Alteryx and/or Tableau
• Additional professional qualifications, including further study in business administration/management
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time t