Director, Global Playlist Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, Global Playlist Marketing
You will manage global playlist optimization and marketing for WMG controlled playlists. You will oversee partnerships and consumer campaigns that help build audience, grow market share and strengthen artist development across streaming platforms.
This role is responsible for executing the playlist marketing strategy across digital platforms and services. You will develop global streaming campaigns and identify new opportunities for increasing Warner Music Group's streaming share across multiple DSPs. You will also collaborate with labels, local affiliates and repertoire centers to fulfill project / marketing objectives.
Here you'll get to work across the following key areas:
• Manage global playlist campaigns in coordination with digital account managers
• Collaborate with WMG owned & operated properties to develop and execute co-promotional content and playlist campaigns
• Understand label objectives and build owned playlist campaigns in collaboration with the curation team that help meet these goals
• Manage and prioritize incoming requests from territories for playlist campaign support
• Assess results and prepare campaign summaries of learnings
• Identify cultural and technological trends that contribute to more effective campaigns; work with the Global Marketing team to execute
• Identify and recommend new playlist concepts to enhance growth of brand and maximize revenue
• Identify patterns on local/international repertoire to help build effective campaigns
• Identify new opportunities for artist discovery that contribute to the artist and fan relationships
Global Best Practice
• Support local teams to develop effective playlist programming and campaign management to optimize streams and market share
• Collaborate with department heads to develop annual targets
• Manage global playlist marketing budget to support local teams in hitting these impact targets
• Partner with R&A to identify and present trends & best practices
• Present conclusions by analyzing playlist data to better understand user behavior
• Develop marketing partnerships with third party brands & influencers to create new playlist streaming opportunities
• Strong understanding of digital and streaming music platforms as well as ad-supported models
• 7-8 years in music and / or digital media programming / digital marketing
• Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to be able to evangelize various play-listing opportunities internally and to outside partners
• Deep relationships within the music industry and adjacent brands/influencers
• Proficiency with data/analytics tools
• Able to adapt/enhance personal skills/expertise as business needs evolve
We'd love it if you also had:
• College degree preferred
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.