Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director - Environmental, Social, Governance
A little bit about our team:
Environmental Social Governance (ESG) is a new function at Warner Music Group (WMG) that collaborates across many divisions and partners with the ESG Executive Oversight Committee to establish new practices and embed ESG considerations into organizational culture and operations. The Director, ESG will play an essential role in developing this new global platform, particularly with respect to our environmental and climate strategy.
You will lead numerous global ESG initiatives from a strategic and executionary standpoint while helping shape how ESG is embedded within company culture and operations. With respect to environmental sustainability, responsibilities will include overseeing the annual greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint inventory, managing data collection and reporting, developing a Science-based Target proposal and roadmap, and working across the industry to create standards for GHG Scope 3 emissions measurement and target setting.
Additionally, this work includes building an environmental program that enables our labels, divisions, artists and songwriters to reduce our negative impacts on the environment and use our influential platforms to drive more positive impacts.
The Director will work closely with the VP, ESG and with many internal partners to create and execute environmental and other priority ESG initiatives. Collaboration with WMG Corporate functions like Finance, Communications, Legal, Compliance, Sourcing, People, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, as well as our Recorded Music and Warner Chappell divisions, will be key to success.
You will also partner with the VP, ESG on the global ESG strategy development and roll-out, as well priority projects related to responsible sourcing, stakeholder engagement, and investor-focused ratings and rankings.
Here you'll get to:
• Build out and oversee WMG's global environmental sustainability platform for direct operations and across the value chain
• *Develop a Science-based GHG target with a corresponding roadmap and KPIs
• * Partner with the physical audio and merchandise sourcing teams to drive and validate sustainable product and packaging initiatives, including leveraging external partnerships, and other industries' tools and resources where possible
• * Collaborate with the Global Workplace Experience and Facilities Team to incorporate more sustainable thinking into office management
• * Interface with external partners and industry working groups to identify solutions and scale our positive impact
• Drive standards and best practices for GHG measurement and reduction within the industry
• Develop and lead new data management processes for GHG footprint measurement in partnership with the Data, Global Technology and Transformation teams
• Educate and engage various internal business partners on environmental sustainability – and what they can do in their roles to reduce negative impacts
• Devise creative sustainability solutions to offer our artist and songwriter communities
• Serve as the key expert to WMG environmental Employee Resource Groups around the world
• Provide environmental expertise and inputs into relevant WMG policies and procedures
• Facilitate potential SEC Climate Disclosure compliance preparation (in line with annual GHG reporting, pre-assurance and other climate-related disclosures)
• Support and provide input into the annual WMG ESG Report
• Minimum eight years of experience solving environmental sustainability challenges within a company or as a consultant for companies with direct experience developing and implementing ESG/corporate responsibility or sustainability programs
• BA; MA or MS in sustainability, environmental, public policy or related work is preferred
• Current understanding of broad ESG issues
• Experience working with companies with large and complex supply chains
• Experience managing GHG inventories and developing reduction and renewable energy plans
• Strong data analysis skills and presentation skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills (while working with many different stakeholders)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including PowerPoint presentation development
• Comfort level and willingness to be flexible and work in a dynamic environment
• A record of delivering tangible and measurable results
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience in a corporate setting or consultancy
• Experience building programs from scratch
• The initiative to operate entrepreneurially
• Strong communication skills to convey complex topics to different audiences
• A passion for thinking outside the box and creative problem solving
• A strong network within sustainability, ESG and other related communities
• Big-picture thinking about the positive impacts WMG can have on society while focusing on project execution
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emergi