Director, Entertainment & Publicity
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/30/2021 4:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Entertainment & Publicity jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Entertainment & Publicity postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Entertainment & Publicity? Job Description:
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group's Corporate Communications Manager will support the VP of Communications and Marketing in L.A., while collaborating with the wider team to create and execute global communications initiatives. This role will work closely with WMG's LA-based business units, including the global headquarters of Warner Chappell Music and the U.S. headquarters of Warner Records.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop and execute media plans in support of WMG's West Coast businesses and executives, pitching story ideas to trade music and consumer media.
• Coordinate photo, print and broadcast media requests for WMG's senior executives.
• Draft and distribute internal and external announcements, including staff and executive appointments, songwriter signings, and business deal activities.
• Prepare senior executives for national and local print and broadcast interviews, speaking engagements-including drafting briefing materials, talking points, Q&As.
• Contribute to the evolution of WMG's communications plan and activities across recorded music, music publishing and corporate.
• Execute the marketing and communications plan for specific business units.
• Plan and execute programming, events, and philanthropic opportunities for WMG's LA-based employees.
• React swiftly and effectively to any issues, across press and social media.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 7-10 years of relevant music and/or entertainment industry experience within communications, including internal communications and public/media relations.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
• Strong relationships with consumer and trade media with experience identifying new opportunities.
• Excellent oral, written, and visual communications skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities.
• Proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad array of employees and constituents, including senior management.
• Experience working on diversity, equity and inclusion-related issues and communications plans.
• Excellent communication/interpersonal/conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to help create an inventive and collaborative atmosphere within the team where new ideas are encouraged, and best practices are shared.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.