Director, Elektra A&R
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Director, Elektra A&R
A little bit about our team:
The A&R team at Elektra Records is a fast-paced and collaborative team operating within the 300 Elektra Entertainment umbrella working to identify, sign and develop culture defining artists. Our diverse team of A&Rs works with all record labels under our umbrella, including Elektra, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, dta, Low Country Sound and Public Consumption. Among our values, we hold teamwork, creativity, hustle and collaboration among the most important.
In this position you will play a critical role in defining the sound and culture of Elektra Entertainment. You will sign and develop artists on our label as well as work closely with our various marketing and promotion teams to help artists define their culture and then bring that culture to the world.
Here you'll get to:
• You will foster and maintain relationships with writers and producers in the creative community
• You will work with the music publishing community to solicit and review songs for artists on our label
• You will spend time in studios with artists who we are considering partnering with. This will be in the Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Nashville areas predominantly
• You will monitor and spend a great deal of time on meaningful social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, etc., in addition to platforms in the gaming and music space, such as Twitch and Discord
• You will attend a series of daily and weekly A&R and Marketing meetings
• You will be responsible for maintaining communication with artists and their teams as we discuss a partnership with each artist
• You have a strong passion for music and culture
• You are open-minded to different cultures that you may not identify with personally
• You are collaborative and work well in team-based environments
• You are ready to work in a fast-paced work environment and maintain a sense of urgency
• You enjoy spending time looking for and discovering new artists
• You have a strong comfort and familiarity with relevant social media platforms and have a genuine interest in the trends that emerge from these platforms
• You have a wide taste in music that spans multiple genres
• You are a detail oriented and methodical person who understands and appreciates the relationship between the details of a task and their effect on an outcome
• You are comfortable voicing an unpopular opinion in a group, especially if you are the only one with such an opinion
We'd love it if you also had:
• Record making experience in the music industry
• Experience as a gamer or spent time in the gaming space and on gaming platforms
• A wide network within the music industry and music space
• Ability and willingness to travel last minute
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Effective October 1, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
$82,500 to $100,000 Annually
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.