Director, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to serve as a team member for our urban acts at Asylum Records. As Director of Digital Marketing you will oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital management. Responsible for creating and executing digital marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including portals and distribution partners, artist websites, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data.
Why this could be your next big break:
Asylum is a small yet mighty label, originally formed by David Geffen in 1971. The right candidate is keen to new digital marketing and technology, is highly creative, extremely motivated, and loves being a part of a small, hands on team.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for artists
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests) optimized for each distribution network/channel
• Provide ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
• Create and execute online lifestyle marketing campaigns that brand artists, aggregate fans and mobilize fans to promote artists and music
• Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Project Manager and Media Planners/Buyers
• Work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• Prepare regularly-required online marketing summaries and plans
• Understanding of digital ad buys, including social, retargeting, search and beyond
• Develop digital marketing timelines & campaign strategies to successfully grow music streams, downloads, video views, social media engagement, and an overall digital creative vision each artist
• Passionate and extremely creative. You are an organized critical thinker who works well in a team environment under pressure, on short deadlines and across multiple active artist campaigns
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
• Full understanding of urban music landscape, with connections and proven track record for working with artists in all stages of their career
• Existing relationships with digital platforms / online partners and brand relationships a plus
• Advanced level of artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused environment
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
• Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
• Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, social networks, content marketing
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or the equivalent Mac office programs
• Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
• Ability to plan, organize and execute digital campaigns in a timely manner
• Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other sites appropriate to artists and label)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5 years minimum experience in digital marketing
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Experience securing online coverage and features with key platforms
• Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
• Experience with influencer marketing strategy
• Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
• Experience in Urban Marketing preferred
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels. As well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.