Director, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Digital Marketing
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Digital Marketing team at Elektra Music Group.
Job Title: Director, Digital Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Digital Marketing team at Elektra Music Group is responsible for all digital marketing and direct to consumer initiatives for all of the artists (alternative, rock and pop) on the roster. They build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans engage with their favorite artists and the way potential fans come to discover an artist. They create and market content through the Elektra Artist.com network, email and text marketing, social media marketing and digital activations products for the artist superfans.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position is responsible for daily management of the digital marketing strategy for a select roster of EMG artists. The Director will manage digital content development, grassroots digital community building and marketing, the Elektra ''artist.com network,'' and the development of the artist accounts on relevant applications and sites (TikTok, GIPHY, Instagram, Genius, etc.). The Director of Digital Marketing is focused on the creation and building of Elektra's artist communities as they serve as the core of the direct-to-consumer initiatives and future product development.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with artists, managers and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for artists on Elektra and the label's associated labels, including the creation and maintenance of artists' official websites
• Construct community/fan-building initiatives. Examples of online involvement include: fan recruitment, media sampling/posting, online voting, viral "send to a friend" initiatives, banner campaigns, consumer surveys, contests, etc.
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests, artist journals, photo galleries) for artist websites and online fan clubs
• Provide text and content ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates as they relate to digital marketing
• Brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online ad campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
• Work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• Prepare bi-weekly online marketing summaries
Rockstar candidates have:
• BS or MS in Marketing, Communications, MIS/CIS, or similar
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
• Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
• Understanding of internet and wireless community culture and landscape
• Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, bulletin boards, SMS messaging, "instant messaging" and viral marketing techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Creative marketing ideas
• Attention to detail
• Working knowledge of popular graphic design applications including Photoshop/ImageReady
• Working knowledge of popular video editing applications including Premiere/iMovie
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Familiarity with file sharing applications, rippers, encoders, etc.
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines
• Ability to plan, organize and execute campaigns in a timely manner
• Strategic Thinker
• Goal Oriented
• Relationship Builder and Maintainer
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5-7 years of internet marketing experience
• 5-7 years of music industry experience
• Experience writing and editing music copy
• Strong interpersonal skills
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.