Director, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Digital Marketing
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after digital marketing team at Asylum Records.
A little bit about our team:
We are a full-service, agency-like team, dedicated to building, branding and developing artist careers through the intersection of music and technology.
Why this could be your next big break:
Looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to serve as a team member for our artist. As Director of Digital Marketing you will oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital management. Responsible for creating and executing digital marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including portals and distribution partners, artist websites, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data.
The right candidate is keen to new digital marketing and technology, highly creative, extremely motivated, and loves being a part of a small hands on team.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for artists
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests) optimized for each distribution network/channel
• Provide ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
• Create and execute online lifestyle marketing campaigns that brand artists, aggregate fans and mobilize fans to promote artists and music
• Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Project Manager and Media Planners/Buyers
• Work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• Prepare regularly-required online marketing summaries and plans
• Understanding of digital ad buys, including social, retargeting, search and beyond
• Develop digital marketing timelines & campaign strategies to successfully grow music streams, downloads, video views, social media engagement, and an overall digital creative vision each artist
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Passionate and extremely creative. You are an organized critical thinker who works well in a team environment under pressure, on short deadlines and across multiple active artist campaigns
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
• Full understanding of urban music landscape, with connections and proven track record for working with artists in all stages of their career
• Existing relationships with digital platforms / online partners and brand relationships a plus
• Advanced level of artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused environment
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
• Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
• Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, social networks, content marketing
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or the equivalent Mac office programs
• Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
• Ability to plan, organize and execute digital campaigns in a timely manner
• Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other sites appropriate to artists and label)
• Assist with label branding
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 5 years minimum experience in digital marketing
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Experience securing online coverage and features with key platforms
• Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
• Experience with influencer marketing strategy
• Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
• Experience in Urban Marketing preferred
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.