Director, Digital Marketing Rock & Pop
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, Digital Marketing [Rock & Pop]
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Its reputation and extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and its collective influence on pop culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists. The mission of the Digital Marketing department is to drive fandom, music consumption,
D2C purchases and social conversation/engagement using innovative digital marketing strategies. The team is responsible for all aspects of an artist's digital presence including digital narrative development, digital advertising, social content ideation, influencer
campaigns, digital advertising, CRM, social/digital partner activations, content seeding, websites, etc. We work directly with the artists to translate the vision of their music into groundbreaking digital campaigns and provide in-depth creative consulting geared toward growing a highly engaged fanbase.
Warner Records is looking for a strategic digital marketer with expertise in social content strategy to join the digital marketing team as Director, Digital Marketing [Rock & Pop] The Director, Digital Marketing [Rock & Pop] will oversee high level digital marketing campaigns for rock and pop artists at Warner Records. The position will be responsible for developing campaigns that create cultural conversation, build artist social followings and engagement, and drive music consumption. They will be a digital expert in all things Rock and Pop as well as know the leading industry standards for digital marketing music.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the development and execution of innovative digital marketing campaigns for rock and pop music artists at Warner Records.
• Manage team coordinators and their daily workflow
• Collaborate with internal teams including Commercial Revenue, Marketing, Brand Partnerships, Creative and Publicity, to build cohesive cross-platform campaigns.
• Oversee the day-to-day social media strategy, website, and CRM strategies for a designated roster of WR artists with a focus on driving fandom, engagement, and music consumption.
• Oversee and advise on strategy for Warner Records Social accounts including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, BeReal and others
• Partner with artists and management to craft a social narrative and content strategy for each artist that elevates their brands and drives fandom, cultural conversation and music consumption.
• Work with artist management and internal departments to develop and maintain an editorial calendar across all social platforms for their roster of artists and the Warner Records social accounts
• Partner with internal creatives and external creators to develop high-performing short-form content for WR artists.
• Partner with the VP of Paid Media Strategy, Operations and Audience Growth to develop and execute paid media campaigns and CRM strategy for each artist.
• Build growth strategies for both established and developing artists in the rock and pop space, leading to follower growth and consumption.
• Maintain expert level knowledge of social platforms and social content strategies with a deep understanding of how to use each platform to drive engagement and consumption.
• Work with our Insights team to profile our online audiences, building digital marketing strategies based on that demographic and psychographic data.
• Define engagement and audience growth goals and create a roadmap to reach those goals
• Monitor campaigns in real-time, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Create post-mortem analyses to quantify the impact of each campaign and measure effectiveness of each tactic.
• Communicate product updates and best practices to artists, managers. and internal stakeholders.
• Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and participate in regular update meetings
• Manage online marketing budget spend for each artist
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5+ years professional experience in digital/social media marketing, direct to consumer marketing, and/or related fields.
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills and expertise in social media content strategy
• Ability to be a mentor for less senior members of the team
• A passion for fan-focused digital strategies
• A problem-solving attitude to get it done, no matter the challenge
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• A passion and knowledge for how to ''move the needle'' online, be it driving consumption, engagement, or growth
• Strong background in digital strategy, with duties at previous employers that included day-to-day work in this area
• Ability to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward with limited assets
• Demonstrate leadership in team discussions and client meetings
• Ability to navigate corporate scheduling culture and secure approvals from busy executives
• Knowledge of web3, NFT's and crypto currency