Director, Deals Office
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/8/2023 3:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Deals Office jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Deals Office postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Job Title: Director, Deals Office
A little bit about our team:
Deals are the lifeline of Warner Chappell's business. This role will report to the Head of the Deals Office and interact with the Co-Chairs of the company, head of US A&R, Legal and Business Affairs, Digital and Administration departments along with the CEOs and CFOs of all of Warner Chappell's offices around the globe. You will also be managing two analysts to assist you in your role.
Warner Chappell is at an extremely exciting juncture in its history. The company has experienced strong double-digit growth over the past few years. Solid industry dynamics coupled with a new management team backed by our long-term owner, Access Industries, provides a very unique company, team and opportunity for the right candidate to excel. This role is based in Los Angeles where the company's global headquarters are located.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with senior management of Warner Chappell and Warner Music Group in evaluating global deals, determining optimal deal structures, ensuring the deal models are supported by bulletproof backup and presenting those deals to the various senior management teams as required.
• You will maintain a global deal model template that is easy to use and flexible but provides the necessary visibility to make solid investment decisions.
• You will gain knowledge of how a music publishing company works, including an understanding of the various ways we exploit and monetize our rights and intellectual property.
• For larger global deals, you and your team will drive the due diligence and modeling of potential acquisitions, working closely with Warner Music Group M&A team.
• You will also track past deals to monitor their performance against the various deal models.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience from investment banking, hedge fund, corporate development, analyst or deal office experience to succeed in this role.
• A high level of experience with Excel
• Great interpersonal skills, exemplary writing skills along with a creative mind for deal structuring are some of the necessary attributes required to be successful in this role.
• You should also be a strong leader and developer of talent.
• The ideal candidate will also be very detail-oriented which is crucial for accurate deal modeling.
• A self-starter who has demonstrated experience juggling many projects/deals simultaneously.
• The ideal candidate must also be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• The candidate must be able to adhere to deadlines along with a commitment to turning deal analysis around quickly to ensure the company remains competitive in the marketplace.
• Knowledge of the music or music publishing business would be helpful but not required
• Finance, accounting or business undergraduate degree or MBA
• Appreciation for music
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexu