Director, Corporate Development
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Corporate Development
A little bit about our team:
The Corporate Development team sits within WMG's global Business Development department, whose focus is on driving strategic growth across WMG. The Business Development department is at the forefront of WMG's key commercial partnerships, with the Corporate Development team driving inorganic growth through investment, acquisition, and partnership opportunities across various segments of WMG's business.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Director of Corporate Development will be an integral part of WMG's Business Development team, supporting the head of Corporate Development in sourcing and executing investments and acquisitions consistent with WMG's strategy and priorities. Working horizontally across the organization, the role will have direct exposure to global leaders around WMG, touching various aspects of our business. The right candidate must be comfortable interfacing with a variety of external partners and businesses, with the ability to quickly analyze and articulate key business drivers across the music, media, and technology space.
Here you'll get to:
• Originate, evaluate, negotiate, and structure acquisitions, minority investments, and joint ventures
• Generate comprehensive analysis of investment opportunities through market research, financial modelling (including discounted cash flow analysis, merger analysis, etc.), synergy analysis, and strategic integration/activation planning
• Assist, and lead where necessary, due diligence on potential acquisition/investment targets
• Support internal transaction approval process, including preparation and presentation of transaction summaries and recommendations to senior management
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams across WMG to take transactions from ideation to execution and integration
• Provide input on new initiatives, business cases, and projects that relate to WMG's strategic planning and business development activities
• Develop and maintain external network of dealmakers and industry experts in support of identifying key market trends and sourcing new opportunities
• Sophisticated analysis and financial modelling skills, including valuation and DCF principles for companies and investment opportunities at different stages of growth
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
• Comprehensive understanding of major media platforms/businesses and emerging technology trends
• Ability to analyze, structure, and negotiate transactions of varying complexity, from seed-stage investments to M&A
• Relationships in the digital media / digital music arena as well as with venture capital and banking firms who work in the sector are preferred
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Knowledge of music/media industry a strong plus
• 6-9 years' experience in investment-focused roles with additional value placed on Corporate Development experience at a strategic; investment banking/private equity/venture capital experience also a plus
• Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.