Director, Commercial Sync
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, Commercial Sync
The position of Director, Commercial Sync will pitch Warner Records' frontline repertoire to advertising and branding agencies. This individual will build, develop and maintain relationships with various contacts in order to secure music syncs on behalf of Warner Records. The responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
Here you'll get to:
• Pitch, facilitate and negotiate advertising and brand related commercial licensing deals, broadcast spots, digital campaigns and other forms of commercial media for Warner Records artists
• Act as liaison and account manager for assigned agencies, music houses and music supervisors
• Create, develop and maintain relationships with advertising agencies music supervisors and music houses
• Coordinate and confer with WMG artist and label partners, along with Warner Records' internal departments, to secure song assets and information such as co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees
• Perform research of Warner Records' rights and clears copyright provisions
• Consistently update assigned client base as well as new clients on Warner Records' new releases, priorities, artist stats, tour dates, etc.
• Provide creative music pitches to clients/potential clients
• Proactively reach out to assigned agencies, brands and music supervisors for their creative music needs
• Develop and implement programs and strategies to increase awareness of our artists and songs in different entertainment mediums, including maintaining sync focused playlisting
• Coordinate agency showcases for Warner Records artists
• Maintain information regarding commercial licensing deals (terms, stage, etc.) in licensing database
• Stay abreast of changes in the advertising industry, agencies and the brands they represent
• Attend industry events
• Required to travel 25% – 50% - If required, travel to key markets to generate business and maintain existing relationships.
• Participate in weekly Warner Records department meetings and contribute ideas on how we as a team can develop, grow, and promote our artists, especially within the advertising world, and help sharpen our departmental approach to internal protocols and external outreach.
• Represent Warner Records weekly at concerts, showcases, listening events, playbacks, mixers, and other events on a regular basis. On occasion, you will help coordinate artist showcases for Warner Records artists.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience music pitching music for placement in advertising
• Provable track record in closing music syncs for artists with brands and agencies
• Must have extensive relationships in music sync community across agencies, music houses and music supervisors
• In-depth understanding of music licensing
• Knowledge of copyright as it relates to the music industry (on both the record and publishing side).
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
• Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
• Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
• Fast paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all standard computer programs (DISCO, Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet)
• Travel on ongoing basis or as needed
We'd love it if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree
• A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant creative sync experience
• Keen insight into how brands use social media to effectively promote commercial successes
• A natural affinity toward digital content trends and regularly participate in social media conversations surrounding current pop culture trends and events
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply dir