Director, Commercial Sync
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Commercial Sync
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Commercial Sync team in WMG's exciting new state of the art office in Downtown Los Angeles.
Director, Commercial Sync
Why this could be your next big break:
The position of Director, Commercial Sync will pitch Warner Records' front line repertoire to advertising and branding agencies. This individual will build, develop and maintain relationships with various contacts in order to secure music syncs on behalf of Warner Records. The responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Pitch, facilitate and negotiate advertising and brand related commercial licensing deals, broadcast spots, digital campaigns and other forms of commercial media for Warner Records artists
• Act as liaison and account manager for assigned agencies, music houses and music supervisors
• Create, develop and maintain relationships with advertising agencies music supervisors and music houses
• Coordinate and confer with WMG artist and label partners, along with Warner Records' internal departments, to secure song assets and information such as co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees
• Perform research of Warner Records' rights and clears copyright provisions
• Consistently update assigned client base as well as new clients on Warner Records' new releases, priorities, artist stats, tour dates, etc.
• Provide creative music pitches to clients/potential clients
• Proactively reach out to assigned agencies, brands and music supervisors for their creative music needs
• Developing and implementing programs and strategies to increase awareness of our artists and songs in different entertainment mediums, including maintaining sync focused playlisting
• Coordinate agency showcases for Warner Records artists
• Maintain information regarding commercial licensing deals (terms, stage, etc.) in licensing database
• Stay abreast of changes in the advertising industry, agencies and the brands they represent
• Attend industry events
• Required to travel 25% - 50%
• Minimum of 5 years of experience music licensing
• Provable track record in closing music syncs for artists with brands and agencies
• Must have extensive relationships in music sync community across agencies, music houses and music supervisors
• In-depth understanding of Music Licensing
• Knowledge of copyright as it relates to the music industry (on both the master and publishing side).
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
• Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate
• Self-starter and rainmaker
• Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
• Fast paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of all standard computer programs (PC experience: Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet)
• Travel on ongoing basis or as needed
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant creative sync experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.