Director, Catalog Marketing
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Director, Catalog Marketing
A little bit about our team:
In this role, you'll develop and execute marketing campaigns for Warner Music Nashville's (WMN) catalog titles to directly impact revenue, streaming consumption and sales, and audience growth. This role will work with all departments at WMN, reporting to the SVP, Commercial Partnerships.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Music Nashville's Director, Catalog Marketing, is responsible for hits after they're hits. You'll lead strategy and execution on catalog marketing and sales campaigns to drive revenue and consumption growth by working and collaborating with WMN's artists and management partners, as well as teams in Streaming, Artist Development, Digital, International, Analytics, Production, Creative, and A&R.
Here you'll get to:
• Act as the project management lead among all teams on catalog marketing and sales initiatives, including pitching proposals, communicating and reporting on strategy, delivering on timelines, and maintaining release schedule.
• Develop and keep thorough knowledge of label's catalog including release dates, marketing initiatives, and consumption, sales and chart history.
• Plan and execute marketing and sales initiatives for catalog ahead of and during large cultural moments including new releases, press moments, viral/trending moments, tours and key anniversary events.
• Maintain relationships with artists, managers and label to propose, plan and communicate catalog marketing strategy and updates.
• Partner with WMX teams to strategize and execute catalog marketing initiatives, including Sales, Production, Rhino, Topsify, X5 and more.
• Create and present weekly updates for all campaigns highlighting wins and opportunities. Meet regularly with executive teams to deliver updates.
• Identify and execute on new initiatives for catalog including ATMOS, Spatial Audio, Vinyl, Long-form video, and Music Videos.
• Manage catalog marketing budgets.
• Use analytics and insights to inform effective marketing initiatives and strategies.
• Act as an archivist, working with artists, managers and label in the present to prepare for catalog initiatives in the future.
• Maintain a presence at label meetings and events.
• You have 5+ years of similar/related experience
• You have experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns
• You are passionate about music and music trends
• You are a highly effective communicator
• You are tech-savvy and have strong analytical skills
• You enjoy being creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You enjoy building and fostering relationships across teams, departments, and with external partners
• You are a team player and a self-starter
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.