Director, Catalog Development & Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2022 12:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Catalog Development & Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Catalog Development & Marketing postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, Catalog Development & Marketing
A little bit about our team:
Catalog is the paramount frontier for marketing artists in the streaming era. We work closely with our frontline labels and artists under the Recorded Music division to develop new catalog opportunities in marketing, A&R, content development, and consumption, and then convert our findings into new strategies that are deployed across the company. We think and act like entrepreneurs.
The role of the Director, Catalog Development and Marketing centers around music marketing, strategic development, and performance analysis. In this role you will develop expert fluency in the ''shallow catalog'' (catalog from the last 20 years) of Warner Music Group's Recorded Music division with a focus on current and off roster Warner and Atlantic Records artists. You will work to increase exposure for artists and drive revenue by developing campaign ideas that complement active frontline campaigns, highlighting opportunities for incremental growth, sharpening and implementing best practices across your roster, and increasing internal awareness of the value of our artists' catalogs in an ''always-on'' marketplace. This role aims to bridge the history of our artists' careers with their active releases, and to continue building fanbases that stay with them forever. This role reports into in the SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing out of Los Angeles.
Here you'll get to:
• Collaborate with the SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing to develop and execute campaigns and strategies for on- and off-cycle catalog priorities across Rock, Alternative, Metal and Country genres.
• Become an expert in the history of each artist on your roster and the landscape of the genre they occupy. This includes their overall brand, past releases, marketing campaigns, social media presence, fanbase consumption habits, chart performance, and more.
• Attend regular touch-base meetings with SVP to outline scope, timeline, deliverables, and establish relevant KPIs for each campaign or project.
• Develop new, tailor-made digital and physical catalog marketing campaigns for active frontline artists, and execute best practice strategies across your roster.
• Identify opportunities, research trends, and communicate and collaborate with other internal departments to drive projects forward.
• Identify and execute A&R opportunities for new releases & relevant re-issues, including milestone anniversaries.
• Identify viral moments and build quick-strike marketing campaigns that capitalize quickly on such opportunities.
• Drive catalog marketing initiatives for active priority artists in-line with anniversaries and associated milestone events through the artist's career.
• Develop quarterly budget forecasts with SVP for forthcoming priority projects.
• Regularly attend marketing meetings for active frontline artists to maintain a clear view of ongoing efforts and align catalog efforts accordingly.
• Create and deliver regular updates to all interested parties, highlighting campaign performance and growth opportunities that align with our strategic goals.
• Look for new and current external partners for marketing and A&R opportunities in the catalog space.
• Run post-mortem analysis on catalog marketing initiatives to evaluate successes and failures, and continue to develop best practices to apply moving forward.
• Develop and create social content and digital marketing tools for use across social networks and streaming platforms.
• Survey current consumption charts and reports to identify catalog opportunities, and craft ideas to capitalize on them.
• Be willing to challenge the status quo and understand the need to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the modern, ''always-on'' world.
• Have strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
• Have experience using storytelling to showcase new ideas and achieve goals
• Have strong project management and multi-tasking skills to bring new ideas to life across a variety of departments
• Have strong teamwork, organization, and time management skills
• Possess a deep understanding of the modern digital landscape and pop culture marketplace
• Have experience in streaming, sales, and marketing analysis
• Have experience with producing or creating content & bringing content to market
• Have experience & flexibility with working across many international time zones. Some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours.
• Have knowledge of Warner Music Group's family of current artists
We'd love it if you also had:
• 4-5+ years of music industry marketing, product management, and/or A&R experience across different verticals in the music industry, including record labels, artist management, media/PR, digital agencies, booking agencies, digital accounts, start-ups, music publishing, brand marketing, and related companies/fields.
• Experience with creative strategy, leading marketing campaigns internally and externally with partners such as Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Instagram & Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Triller, Pandora, Soundcloud, and more.
• Are tech savvy with deep u