Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Business & Legal Affairs
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team.
A little bit about our team:
Warner-Elektra-Atlantic (WEA) is a global organization within the Warner Music Group umbrella that provides services to the wholly-owned labels and other affiliates, including digital account management, consumer sales and marketing, original content development and production, physical sales and distribution, media operations, digital supply chain, and merchandising/licensing.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will draft and negotiate agreements on behalf of WEA, including deals with technology vendors, third party artist merchandising deals, licensing deals, digital retail arrangements and more; advise on and execute business strategy for WEA; and liaise with and provide guidance to other Warner Music Group departments (including Corporate, Business Development and the Warner Music Group Labels) and affiliates.
Here you'll get to:
• Draft and negotiate each business unit's agreements, including with technology vendors, third party artist merchandising deals, licensing deals, content and event development and production, and more.
• Work closely with the rest of the department to ensure that all agreements are accurately summarized and communicated to relevant departments.
• Provide advice and guidance in developing and implementing new business strategies, including with respect to label arrangements, artist arrangements, digital platforms, digital sales, video distribution, digital asset management/delivery, and non-traditional physical retail.
• Advise and assist WEA business units in developing and executing company's overall business goals.
• Provide ongoing legal advice and guidance to WEA and other Warner Music Group divisions, including, with respect to digital retail arrangements, digital operations, privacy, antitrust issues, and other arrangements with retailers.
• Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including the participation in the development and implementation of WEA's contract-related policies and procedures.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Sound and practical business judgment
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
• Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities, most of which operate on a time sensitive basis
• Familiarity with the music industry preferred
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• At least 5 years relevant transactional legal experience
• At least 2 years of music industry or relevant in-house experience preferred
• J.D. and active license to practice law in New York State
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.