Director, Business & Legal Affairs, Imgn
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Business & Legal Affairs, IMGN
Director, Business & Legal Affairs, IMGN
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative Business & Legal Affairs team at IMGN.
A little bit about our team:
IMGN Media, a Warner Music Group Company, is a tech-driven media organization specialized in producing and programming social content for Gen Z audiences. IMGN owns & operates a portfolio of media brands in gaming, entertainment, ASMR and more, with an overall reach of over 50 million followers. IMGN is home to Daquan, TryHard, So Satisfying & more highly engaging channels.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs, will provide day-to-day business and legal affairs services for IMGN and will be responsible for drafting and negotiating customer agreements, content and talent agreements, deals with vendors, NDAs, and more; advising on and executing business strategy for IMGN; and liaising with and providing guidance to other Warner Music Group departments and affiliates on content creation and social media.
Here you'll get to:
• Draft and negotiate various customer agreements, including around branded content and sponsorship's.
• Draft and negotiate vendor agreements (e.g., software licenses, SaaS subscriptions, content licenses, etc.).
• Oversee contract administration and compliance.
• Draft contract summaries and assisting with other special projects as requested by senior executives.
• Provide day-to-day guidance on content creation procedures when necessary.
• Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including participation in the development and implementation of IMGN's content and contract-related policies and procedures.
• Partner to assist with additional related tasks as needed.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Familiar with the branded content and social media spaces, including ad-supported business models and ad-supported content.
• Strong understanding of intellectual property law, and causes of action common in entertainment and media industry cases, including content creation, privacy, defamation and rights of publicity.
• Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with outside attorneys, senior management and general staff.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Sound and practical business judgment.
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• At least 6 years relevant transactional legal experience.
• At least 3 years of entertainment industry, social media or other relevant in-house experience preferred.
• J.D. and active license to practice law in New York.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, [entertainers] and the people behind the music [and content], at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.