Director, Building Operations & Workspace Strategy
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Director, Building Operations & Workspace Strategy
The Director, Building Operations & Workspace Strategy position will serve three primary functions:
1) Workplace Strategy – Strategic Partner to the VP, Workplace Strategy supporting process improvement through KPI creation, overseeing procedural processes associated with corporate real estate functions, including but not limited to scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, design, planning, and special events of each facility.
2) Building Operations – Provide developmental leadership while overseeing maintenance, mailroom, and receptionist teams. Manage maintenance projects to ensure proper maintenance of facilities. General support to the Vice President with proactive day-to-day oversight of facility operations.
3) Special Events Planning – Work with executives, corporate communication teams, production teams etc. to plan special events at Warner Music Group's, DTLA newly constructed event space.
Workplace Strategy Responsibilities:
• Support the VP, Workplace Strategy & Facilities in implementing & planning WMG COVID-19 return to office strategy.
• Analyze data and cost and make recommendations to present to senior leadership. Develop solutions to improve process and maximize best in class service and productivity.
• Present cost analysis to senior leaders through various clear and concise communications modes, including building deck presentations, holding stakeholder meeting agendas, etc.
• Provide coordination for WMG real estate portfolio, including managing the real estate approval and recommendation process, lease management and buy-vs-lease analysis.
• Support VP on portfolio optimization strategy (renegotiation, relocations, and closures) manage day to day of portfolio (i.e. terminations, expirations, and renewals).
• Collaborate on financial planning; serve as on site POC in budgeting, forecasting and reporting of expenses; help to develop/administer capital and operating expense budgets for an assigned group of facilities.
• Provide strategy development, portfolio analysis and realization of cost savings initiatives for the company's regional real estate portfolio.
• Understand individual division business drivers and needs, then apply that knowledge and develop plans which deliver effective real estate portfolio and workplace solutions to support those business needs.
• Provide support on significant real estate projects within the region as the internal project manager; maintain project budget, timeline and quality standards.
• Effectively interact with global business leaders to meet or improve company real estate/facilities objectives and goals.
• Establish and leverage relationships with external partners i.e. landlords, developers, brokers, and lawyers.
Facilities Leadership Responsibilities:
• Responsible for directing day-to-day facilities functions, implement standardized policies and safety procedures over multiple assigned sites.
• Manages the facilities staff through knowledge and understanding of current company and campus vision.
• Establish and manage relationships with vendors and contractors.
• Establish building readiness KPI's around LA campuses, ensuring all workspaces, conference rooms, pantries, event spaces and recording rooms are occupant ready.
• Work closely with Leadership & Corp Communications team on managing the approved special events calendar, supporting all corporate and employee events & hospitality/branding programs.
• Oversee operations of building systems equipment; routine preventative maintenance.
• Manage perks and amenities in a cost-effective manner.
• Oversee a highly driven group of maintenance managers, engineers, technicians, receptionists, and events staff.
• Onsite point of contact to drive event requests and support logistics, ensuring all necessary coordination is in place.
• Prepare special event budgets and monitor the approval process.
• Coordinate event staff to ensure venue/site readiness, vendor/sponsor selection, and oversee the team pre/during/post event.
• 10+ years of experience in corporate facilities
• Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Real Estate, Engineering, Project Management, or similar background.
• Experience in Managing complex Projects
It would be music to our ears if you had:
• Presentation Skills are required; this role will be expected to aid in PowerPoint presentation using the data analytics to communicate recommendations to key stakeholders.
• Industry accreditations, professional registration or other advanced training is highly preferred.
• Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Strong familiarity with building system operations (HVAC, lighting, elevators, etc.)
• Experience in managing service providers and vendors to provide solutions.
• MS Office proficiency
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.