Director, Brand Partnerships
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Director, Brand Partnerships
A little bit about our team:
The Brand Partnerships and Commercial Licensing Department is responsible for all outreach to brands and advertising agencies with the ultimate goal of aligning the label, affiliated labels and/or individual or a group of artists with branded campaigns.
You will be cultivating strategic partnerships for the company and Atlantic's diverse roster of top-notch artists with the goal of a) creating impactful campaigns and promotions to sell more records, raise the profile of our artists and the Atlantic Records brand; b) funding our creative marketing campaigns; and c) offsetting our marketing costs.
Here you'll get to:
• Create campaigns that vary in size and scope and extend from overall company-based partnerships that leverage and monetize in-house resources such as Atlantic's extensive network of college representatives, urban market street teams, the company website, e-mail lists and wireless database; to artist-based, 3rd party campaigns that include TV, print, radio and online components, tour sponsorships, music licensing and video product placement.
• Cultivate and maintain key relationships with CEOs, CMOs, ad agencies, brand marketers, magazines, television marketing executives to create opportunities for the label and our artists; Primary label liaison with the advertising and brand marketing community.
• Work with product managers, radio promotion, sales, publicity, new media, art department to develop creative marketing strategy and plans as needed for all developing and established artists.
• Work with legal and business affairs to execute all deals.
• Work with WMG and WSM on large deals to advantage company position, artist exposure, bring in licensing revenues and sell more records.
• Work within established budget to execute and coordinate key marketing programs.
• Manage staff and communicate company priorities to maximize marketing opportunities for our artists.
• 3+ years of experience in label, management or agency brand partnerships, or brand management, college educated or highly specialized experience.
• Creative marketing ideas
• Strong writing skills
• Negotiating skills
• Leadership and people management skills
• Strategic thinker
• Relationship builder and maintainer
• Organizational and financial management skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with relatively short deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range
$75,000 to $120,000 Annually
Job Posting Ranges are included for NYC based and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.