Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Finance team at WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services, opened in 2017 and is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance department is responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations group provides accounting services and support to WMG's corporate finance, US record labels and US publishing business.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Director of Accounting Operations is responsible for providing leadership and direction to our financial shared service organization that performs the following finance and accounting functions on behalf of the US business units as well as Corporate:
• General Accounting – responsible for general ledger accounting, including monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, eliminations
• Participations / P&D Contract Administration – responsible for month end accounting accruals and reconciliations
• Royalty Finance – responsible for analyzing royalty expense, accounting for advances, balance sheet account reconciliations, and other ad hoc analysis
Here you'll get to:
• Ensure effective financial internal controls; identify and remediate control gaps
• Lead team to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial information and reports
• Acquisition integration
• Special projects as requested by business units and corporate
• Provide excellent customer service and develop / maintain strong relationships with different business unit finance organizations, including the respective CFO and VP of Finance
• Develop an environment of constant process improvement that results in definable projects that are delivered timely and result in cost savings to the entire organization
• Facilitate and bridge gaps between the areas of Finance, Accounting, IT, Strategy and Operations.
• Develop, recommend, and implement all strategy relating to Financial Shared Services functions
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
• Interact with internal and external auditors to resolve potential issues and new transactions
• Ad hoc analysis and projects
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• BA/BS in Accounting
• CPA Required
• 10-15 years of strong financial management or controllership experience
• Large, multinational company experience
• Driver of ''change'', and thinks creatively and strategically
• Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Quantifiable examples of achievements and strong track record of success
• Experience in strong communication and strategy presentation
• Strong leader who can influence and lead initiatives within the company, and manage and motivate
• Ability to achieve results through influence over external and internal parties who are not direct reports
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player who can cooperate/collaborate with all business units and departments within the company
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Solid project management skills, from initial idea through execution
• Demonstrated professional maturity with unquestioned personal and business integrity
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• SAP and HFM familiarity a plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.