Director, A&R, Frontline Catalog
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Director, A&R, Frontline Catalog
A little bit about our team:
As a key player of the Global Catalog A&R team, you will get to develop, produce and execute frontline shallow catalog release plans for physical formats, audio/visual products, digital releases, new online content, playlists, streaming strategy and other various related products.
Execute the full A&R lifecycle for frontline shallow catalog artists (both on and off roster) from research through the production process to release across multiple genres (including, but not limited to: Hip-hop, R&B, Pop, Rock, Alternative, Metal, Country, Latin, and Dance).
Here you'll get to:
• Create new and impactful ways to drive consumption, revenue and relevance of shallow catalog by exploring the latest innovations in the marketplace.
• Create physical and digital product plans and release configurations, repertoire selection, liner notes, artwork elements and design, post production and mastering in conjunction with the assigned Global Product Manager.
• Develop content for video platforms across artists and genres with a firm understanding of video production and high-resolution video products.
• Set and monitor production plans in conjunction with assigned Global Product Manager, Creative and Production teams.
• Work with product management to develop marketing materials, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
• Develop and maintain relationships with high-level industry contacts (managers, agents, attorneys, etc.).
• Partner cross-functionally with other label departments including Marketing, Publicity, Promotion, and Commerce on artist/album projects both domestically and internationally.
• Liaise with Business Affairs and Finance to ensure approvals and workable P&Ls. Be accountable for project expenditures & budgets.
• Minimum five years' experience with catalogue repertoire.
• A proven track record of initiating, managing, and successfully completing the all relevant aspects of recorded music releases and projects with a thorough understanding of the Catalog music business vs Frontline.
• Extensive knowledge of both Warner Music Group and other labels' catalogues in the US and internationally.
• Current knowledge of all physical, digital and streaming partners.
• Fluent knowledge of recording industry and best practices.
• To maintain and execute a fast paced schedule of releases and manage many projects, platforms and formats simultaneously.
• To have an ingrained enthusiasm for music and the creative process of assembling each product so that it extends the various Warner Music labels and brands domestically and internationally.
• Working knowledge of tape archiving, mixing and mastering.
• A firm understanding of vinyl production, immersive sound and high resolution products.
• Ability to handle/direct several types of projects with multiple, overlapping and changing deadlines.
• A critical, creative thinker and problem solver who can work closely with other departments.
• Develop strategies to future proof Warner Music Group's extensive repertoire both physically and digitally.
• Must be able to travel and attend events as required, travel conditions permitting.
• Bachelor's degree in music, marketing, communication, business, or related major preferred.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range
$80,000 to $100,000 Annually
Job Posting Ranges are included for all New York and California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC and CA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors