Digital Financial Systems Analyst
Warner Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
Digital Financial Systems Analyst (12 Month FTC)
Digital Financial Systems Analyst (12 Month FTC)
Job Title: Digital Financial Systems Analyst (12 Month FTC)
A little bit about our team:
Our Digital Operations team handles the processing and invoicing of Warner's worldwide digital sales, as well as reporting these sales to our affiliates worldwide for onward royalty accounting to our artists. We work very closely with a number of other departments, namely IT, Royalties, Business Development, Business Affairs and Finance.
You will initially be working predominantly within the FIT project, a separate global project currently implementing a new global end-to-end sales system.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be working closely with a separate internal global project team alongside individuals based in the United States, and South East Asia. Your responsibilities will include thorough end-to-end review of our current processes, transformation of these into the new system – from loading sales files, to clearing suspense, and analysis/ingestion of monthly statements from our providers. You'll have experience working with and editing big data, and working on the multiple testing phases of the new system.
Here you'll get to:
• Prepare and maintain master data lists relating to revenue file orchestration globally.
• Interpret third party contract financial terms for system configuration and ingestion.
• Collate of 3rd party reporting files including top-sheets and detailed transaction files.
• Test ingestion of revenue transaction files through newly developed ERP solution.
• Resolve and escalate testing defects arising from system testing.
• Liaise with other team members to ensure outstanding defects are resolved on a timely basis.
• Tracking of testing results and progress against project plan milestones.
• Attend and provide updates at project status meetings.
• Provide regular updates with the digital systems team to provide any necessary new-system training and to interface between the new project and the current DELTA sales system.
• Confidence and prior experience working with large sets of data.
• Be able to demonstrate a strong mathematical skillset and understand complex formulae.
• Be self-driven and able to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressured environment, and able to manage your own workload and responsibilities.
• Team player with excellent communication abilities, well-organised and able to work independently.
• Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous experience working within the music industry, particularly royalties.
• Familiarity with new systems testing and UAT environments and processes
• Experience working with SOX/audit controls and risk mitigation.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
WMG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to its employees and applicants for employment to ensure that individuals with disabilities enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities. If you are an applicant who needs an accommodation due to a disability in order to complete an employment application, to use or access www.wmg.com/careers or during any phase of the hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line: "Disability Accommodation Request". Emails unrelated to accommodation requests will not be addressed.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.