Digital Audio Archivist
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Digital Audio Archivist
A little bit about our team:
Global Asset Management is responsible for the management of master assets across all of WMG. This includes audio, video, photographic, and art assets used in the production of WMG products. Global Asset Management is also responsible for the quality control, and distribution of assets that globally feed the physical and electronic supply chain. This includes current releases as well as legacy content. This department has the additional responsibility of maintaining the high quality of digitization standards across all media types as well as a high quality of data integrity that allows for the swift location and deployment of assets on the behalf of WMG.
Why this could be your next big break:
As part of the Digital Preservation division of the Global Asset Management team you will have the unique opportunity to work with digital audio masters for some of the biggest hits in modern music. This position will allow you to apply your audio engineering expertise and asset management skills in the preservation of digital masters for new releases. Working closely with both Library Services and Studio Services you will conform files to meet WMG Master Delivery Specifications and register them in asset repositories. Additionally, you will transfer, review and distribute files to in-house engineers for supply chain integration.
Here you'll get to:
• Interact with WMG departments around the world including A&R, WEA Studio Services and Release Operations
• Coordinate deliveries of audio and video masters with engineers and A&R
• Coordinate digital delivery of masters utilizing file transfer systems such as Aspera, Box and Dropbox
• Provide technical assistance to troubleshoot delivery issues
• Review files to ensure compliance with WEA Master Delivery Specifications
• Prepare master delivery reports documenting required assets including multi-tracks, stems and different mix versions.
• Catalog and archive files to WEA Library server
• Replace and update with revisions as needed
• Research and provide best available audio sources for different product types (digital, CD, vinyl, etc.). Must ensure that assets provided are of the highest quality and ideal for intended use
• Coordinate retrieval of assets from WMG's global archive facilities both from physical carriers and cloud-based storage solutions
• Coordinate digital transfers of master tapes and provide database research and asset review to determine which sources are masters
• Arrange for files to be delivered to the requestor as well as the Library for archiving
• Coordinate stem mixing with outside engineers by providing proper multi-track sources, outlining delivery specifications, and troubleshooting technical issues
• Research and identify digital sources in the WEA Library to be archived
• Verify multi-tracks, stems, mixes, and metadata meet WMG Master Delivery Specifications
• Consolidate multi-track sessions to ensure files are properly synced
• Covert files to Broadcast WAV when needed
• Print MIDI tracks and virtual instruments as audio files
• Generate archive log PDFs documenting technical information
• Register archive packages and metadata in asset repositories
• Monitor industry and tech trends to utilize best practices for file preservation
• Update database entries in WMG's Master Library System
• Check-in and check-out physical assets and assist with retrieval and refile may be required to lift up to 25lbs on a daily basis
• Be self-motivated
• Work both independently and in a team environment
• Show strong attention to detail
• Understand the recording and audio production processes and associated terminology
• Show strong technical abilities and proficiency with Pro Tools
• Have knowledge of digital audio and video master types
• Have knowledge of legacy audio and video formats
• Retrieve files from servers, hard drives, DVD-ROMs, and other media and convert to desired formats as needed to send via electronic delivery
• Display knowledge of hard drive usage and safe handling
• Show intermediate Excel proficiency, including commonly used formulas
• Troubleshoot technical issues and provide assistance to third parties
• Be proficient with Mac and PC platforms
• Have outstanding organizational skills
• Have 1-2 years' experience in audio or video production
• Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Have great multitasking and time management skills for working in a fast-paced environment
• Be flexible and willing to work on many different tasks and projects
• Understand usage and clearance requirements for different asset types and catalogs
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A college degree or accreditation in audio production
• Experience working in an archive or library
• Experience working in a commercial studio
• Research and database experience
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.