Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group Media and Creative Content Business, is home to the largest music culture brands in the world. We connect with a massive audience through the publishing perspective of UPROXX, HipHopDX, Songkick, CoverNation, The Pit, and more. Combined with our award-winning content studio and the massive reach our WMG artists, we reach an audience of over 244 million every month.
Warner Music Group Media and Creative Content Business is seeking a Associate Design to assist our Lead Designer/Art Director in maintaining and evolving various brand identities and visual direction and assisting with day-to-day design tasks. We are looking for fresh thinkers, out-of-the-box visionaries who will challenge the boundaries of our visuals - pushing excellence out of themselves and elevating our look and feel outside of the norm. We are also looking for someone who is responsive to feedback, obsessed with details and is an independent worker.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this role, you will be charged with supporting our Lead Designer in the day-to-day design tasks while maintaining the visual brand for all active clients in addition to upcoming/pitched clients. This includes working with the Creative Director to maintain and evolve Warner Music Group Media and Creative Content Business brand identity and visual direction, and anything from pitch deck design to resizing of web banners and everything in between. Working with the Lead Designer, you will be charged with building banners, mocks, and logos, designing engaging microsites, landing pages, and carrying out our existing look and feel through various different forms of digital and print media. The perfect candidate for this role is a motivated self-starter who is paying close attention to current digital design trends and is excited to lead the visual direction of projects from start to finish, and also has a knack for project management.
Here you'll get to:
• You will design the visual look and feel of pitch decks as well as their supporting material
• You will design supplementary art for new media and/or any new shows created
• You will design supporting graphics for events and activations
• You will design engaging microsites and landing pages
• You will maintain and evolve existing design looks for Warner Music Group Media and Creative Content Business and its properties.
• You will assist in designing video graphics/supporting graphics/lower thirds and animation styles for video productions and new shows/show pitches
• You will create and maintain Web Banner Creation and Production
• You will support the sales and strategy teams with daily mocks and design needs to help sell into as well as maintain clients
• You will be tasked with managing and updating the design calendar, requests, assets, and deliverables
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have 2-3 years professional experience in Design
• You have expert abilities in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD)
• You have experience working in Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint
• You have impeccable organizational skills
• You have experience in UI/UX design
• You have an interest in contemporary design trends and the history of design
• You have the ability to Concept Design / Ideas
• You have experience in layout design, digital design, web design, event/showroom design and pitch deck design
• You have an innate ability to self-manage and organize a daily to do list and understand/execute priorities
• You have communication skills to help you work with stakeholders before/during/after the design process
• You have experience communicating with external vendors and clients
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Ability to Illustrate
• Skills in animation/creation of simple assets in After Effects, C4D, or other modeling software
• Experience in front-end coding
• Knowledge of Web Design Processes
• Experience in Video Editing
• Ability to Storyboard video concepts
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.